Southampton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/10/17 - Post-match reaction from page 29

Dave

Thought the ref had a good game despite not being a letter of the law type.

Thought he was poor in the first half, clearly giving Southampton ‘home advantage’ in decisions. I don’t think we can complain about his 2nd half performance, another referee would have given Yedlin a 2nd yellow.

The ref was pretty poor, like. It just so happens that we were the one benefiting from his poor decisions.

Agree to this, was shocked when we didn't get at least a yellow on a couple of occasions.

Am I right in thinking Lascelles got beaten in a 50/50 leading up to the penalty btw? Not good enough that.

Yeah. Should have cleared the lot out and usually would. But went in a bit half hearted for some reason.

Agreed. Lejeune was suckered into a bad challenge, but Lascelles was at fault too.

When he first came here, Lascelles often looked a bit indecisive, and prone to getting caught in no man's land. He's improved a lot in that area, but there's still a bit of work to do.

On a side note, Lemina is an excellent player. Carried their midfield.

He was the best player on the park for me today. If he didn't play, we'd have humped them.

Great atmosphere in the away end today and overall a good away performance. A shame we couldn't have brought all 3 points home but a good point and an entertaining game.

Loved how direct and incisive our play was for the second goal. No head dropping, just straight back into it with some effective play. McClaren's side crumbles at that point, but not these players - good attitudes across the board.