Newcastle United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 - Post-match reaction from pg23

Greg

You can tell that is a team managed by Roy Hodgson [emoji38] They’ll be in or around the bottom 3 come May.

That is exactly the type of game we’d have lost previously, a good 3 points from an absolutely terrible game. We have (and will) play better than that and lose, so it’s good to pick up 3 points on an off day.

What a load of tripe about hodgson.

What? A boring team with little/no ideas going forward - the perfect Roy Hodgson team.

They have no strikers tbf, not his fault

That has absolutely nothing to do with his team being boring or having little/no ideas going forward tbh. You can play without a striker and still be fun and not lack ideas, i'd argue that him not starting Loftus Cheek just strengthens figures argument tbh.

You can tell that is a team managed by Roy Hodgson [emoji38] They’ll be in or around the bottom 3 come May.

That is exactly the type of game we’d have lost previously, a good 3 points from an absolutely terrible game. We have (and will) play better than that and lose, so it’s good to pick up 3 points on an off day.

What? A boring team with little/no ideas going forward - the perfect Roy Hodgson team.

And his reign as England manager? [emoji38] With one of the best strikers available?

He’s past it and will take that Palace team down.

What does England have to do with his Palace team?

Just further evidence that his teams are boring and lack ideas going forward, even with one of the best strikers in it. Your response to his Palace team being dreadful was that he doesn’t have a striker, my reply was that it makes no difference.

Your point was that they were a typical Hodgson team. It's not fair to say that yet

That has absolutely nothing to do with his team being boring or having little/no ideas going forward tbh. You can play without a striker and still be fun and not lack ideas, i'd argue that him not starting Loftus Cheek just strengthens figures argument tbh.

Having no players who can play as a striker has nothing to do with his team being boring or lacking ideas going forward? Ok then

This was a great game for me, yes it was boring as fuck and we were nowhere near our best but when that goal went in I was jumping around at work like an absolute loon, I can't tell you the last time I was as passionate about a win/goal. I don't know if it's down to all the take over talk or just being on board with Rafa but it's the first time I've felt the passion come back since before the Pardew era, to this extent at least. If/once the takeover is complete it's gonna wake up a sleeping giant not just on the pitch but in the stands.

This was a great game for me, yes it was boring as fuck and we were nowhere near our best but when that goal went in I was jumping around at work like an absolute loon, I can't tell you the last time I was as passionate about a win/goal. I don't know if it's down to all the take over talk or just being on board with Rafa but it's the first time I've felt the passion come back since before the Pardew era, to this extent at least. If/once the takeover is complete it's gonna wake up a sleeping giant not just on the pitch but in the stands.

I think a lot of people are like minded. The atmosphere in parts today was probably the best it’s been in a long time. Even though the majority of the game things were not going well for us, the crowd got behind the team and I honestly think in the last 20 minutes or so the atmosphere was the difference.

Mitro's cameo was pretty terrible.  Almost give away goal with one of his first touches, and then comically stayed down after being hit with the ball.

It was rifled at it him full pelt from about 3 yards ffs, obviously winded him.

saw this on twitter:

Having no players who can play as a striker has nothing to do with his team being boring or lacking ideas going forward? Ok then

What? strikers have fuck all to do with a team being entertaining or needing ideas going forward. Pep could bench Aguero and Jesus for the rest of the season and they wouldn't be boring or lack ideas.

I dunno about you but a striker doesn't suddenly make a team exciting to watch that wasn't before.

What? strikers have fuck all to do with a team being entertaining or needing ideas going forward. Pep could bench Aguero and Jesus for the rest of the season and they wouldn't be boring or lack ideas.

I dunno about you but a striker doesn't suddenly make a team exciting to watch that wasn't before.

Aye well I'm not comparing Roy Hodgson to Pep Guardiola :lol: Most managers would struggle to have a good attacking team with no strikers available. If we had Harry Kane up front I think we'd be much more entertaining but fair enough if you disagree

Aye well I'm not comparing Roy Hodgson to Pep Guardiola :lol: Most managers would struggle to have a good attacking team with no strikers available. If we had Harry Kane up front I think we'd be much more entertaining but fair enough if you disagree

So if Roy Hodgson had Harry Kane, he’d have a much more entertaining team?

:serious:

I never said anything like that. I said that its unfair to judge their attacking skills on a game where they had no fit strikers available. Of course its very likely they will be poor going forward anyway

I never said anything like that. I said that its unfair to judge their attacking skills on a game where they had no fit strikers available. Of course its very likely they will be poor going forward anyway

Nobody is judging Hodgson on one game though; they are judging him over his entire England career and so far his short career with Palace. He had an England team with a lot of in-form attacking talent and managed to make them into one of the most boring England sides I have ever seen and oversaw two hideous tournaments.

You’ve just said Harry Kane would make us more entertaining - so why were England as dull and uninspiring as Palace today?

He was a decent manager, he’s now out of touch with the modern game and his dinosaur tactics aren’t going to work.