Newcastle United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 - Post-match reaction from pg23

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Palace's performance was shit as well remember. It was a shit match and that wasn't just because we were under-par. Cabaye should have gone as well, if he had, we might have got the win more comfortably.

Subs changed the game, Diame was noticeably better than Perez, Merino was sloppy by his standards but gave us forward momentum and got the goal, and Mitrovic put himself about a bit. They got tired from all the pressing and started dropping off.

They tried hard but I don't think a win is a particularly unfair result. Elliot had f*** all to do.

Aye the subs. Atsu on the right hand side helped too.

Atsu was probably the pick of our players, overall.

That was fucking awful but so valuable to take 3 points from these sort of fixtures. Thought Lejeune was very impressive. Manquillo was awful and we have to replace him with either Mbemba or even Clark. Very fragile in defense and offers fuck all going forward. I don't know where we would be without Ritchie's deliveries because we surely don't have a single player who can beat a man to create a chance. I'm not quite sure if Ayoze should even start ahead of Diame, the shape of the team was a whole lot better when he arrived.

Without exaggeration the worst game of football I've ever seen.

:lol: Felt sorry for the blokes commentating

They were practically creaming themselves when it looked like PVA was gonna score for Palace. They can eat shitty ass the cunts.

See why Merino didnt start now

Aye, a complete fluke goal makes the difference in terms of what I said/meant :lol:

Mitro made a big difference when he came on though

As bad as Merino was in his general play he still shits all over what Hayden produced so your post is still silly tbh.  O0

Aye, a complete fluke goal makes the difference in terms of what I said/meant :lol:

Diame made the biggest difference. Mitro didn't do much

Subs changed the game, Diame was noticeably better than Perez, Merino was sloppy by his standards but gave us forward momentum and got the goal, and Mitrovic put himself about a bit. They got tired from all the pressing and started dropping off.

They tried hard but I don't think a win is a particularly unfair result. Elliot had fuck all to do.

This is the truth.

They were practically creaming themselves when it looked like PVA was gonna score for Palace. They can eat shitty ass the cunts.

Aye, were desperate for Palace to win. Their constant digs at the crowd pissed me off too. It was a crap match, big fucking wow. Happens quite a lot.

As bad as Merino was in his general play he still shits all over what Hayden produced so your post is still silly tbh.  O0

But you just agreed with exactly what my "silly" post was implying so..

Of course they were, absolutely nothing was happening :lol:

Diame made the biggest difference. Mitro didn't do much

absolutely. Pleasantly surprised by his performance. Maybe Lascelles fighting him got him to pull his finger out

Don’t see much alternative to the way we played, we can’t transform into a different team from one week to the next. Stoked for Merino to get a goal.

It was the only way. Had you pressed on, Palace might have scored. Hodgson's game plan is always to sit back and you don't have the players to tear them apart. Rafa knew to pile on the pressure was to invite conceding on the counter, so he basically let it turn into shit on a stick and then banked on grabbing one as they tired. I reckon that game went according to his plan. He's the ultimate pragmatist. And Hodgson is a knob-truffling arsebasket.