Burnley vs. Newcastle United - 30/10/17 @ 8pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I'm not sure if it was Opta but I'm sure

I read Burnley concede the most chances in the Premier League which is  little surprising.

Hopefully we've got enough to get something if not a win. Also hoping Merino starts.

I heard that stat too...think they also concede the least amount of goals per chances given away.

Darlow & Aaron’s have little chance of starting but i’d go: 

Darlow

De Yedlin  Lascelles.  Lejeune .  Clark

Shelvey.        Merino 

Ritchie              Arrons / Murphy            Atsu

Joselu

Don’t think there is much chance so plan B is: Push Merino forward into number 10 role and play Hayden holding.

Darlow

De Yedlin  Lascelles.  Lejeune .  Clark 

Shelvey.      Hayden 

Ritchie                  Merino              Atsu

Joselu

Darlow ???

Going to have to cross my fingers and hope that the Delta flight I'm on either a) has satellite tv and NBCSN, i think it does? or b) it has the stronger wi-fi and i can stream this on the plane.

Pumped though, really hope we take 3 points tonight.

I'm not a massive Mitrovic fan but it might be time to give Joselu the feeling that his place isn't guaranteed.

This. I feel like everyone could get benched today, except Joselu. I want him to score or assist or to do anything at all. Last time he had 0 shots and 2 duels won out of 9. If he doesn't improve today,  he shouldn't start next game.

I don't expect Mitro to start any games for us again particularly away from home. He's shown he can't be trusted, plus he is more effective coming of the bench. Unfortunately that means we are stuck with Joselu who is a worse player, because Gayle hasn't shown anything to suggest he should start either.

I don't expect Mitro to start any games for us again particularly away from home. He's shown he can't be trusted, plus he is more effective coming of the bench. Unfortunately that means we are stuck with Joselu who is a worse player, because Gayle hasn't shown anything to suggest he should start either.

Joselu is a better football than Mitrovic imo. Our style of play doesn’t suit either of them mind.

Too bad Gayle still hasn’t recovered mentally from his injury last season.

Joselu is a better football than Mitrovic imo. Our style of play doesn’t suit either of them mind.

Joselu better than Mitrovic? Not sure about that. Does he better suit the system. Well, he probably does.

Going to have to cross my fingers and hope that the Delta flight I'm on either a) has satellite tv and NBCSN, i think it does? or b) it has the stronger wi-fi and i can stream this on the plane.

The Delta flight I was on yesterday had all the sports channels but, none of them were working...  I hope yours does!  The wifi was weak, it barely sent a whatssapp message...  I didn't pay for it though, just took the free service, maybe if you pay it works better?

I have a work meeting that should be finished by 4pm Eastern time and so I should be able to catch most of the match over here in the good ol' US of A....

The Delta flight I was on yesterday had all the sports channels but, none of them were working...  I hope yours does!  The wifi was weak, it barely sent a whatssapp message...  I didn't pay for it though, just took the free service, maybe if you pay it works better?

I have a work meeting that should be finished by 4pm Eastern time and so I should be able to catch most of the match over here in the good ol' US of A....

:thup: good shout, will be nervously sitting on my plane hoping it works the minute i sit down ffs :lol:

Burnley's stats are awful. From them alone, you'd think they are fluking every result. To their credit, part of it is having good keepers, and part of it is them having played four of the current top six away already this season. It would be fairer to judge them this season after a few more games. Our fixture list so far has been much kinder.

Going back though, it looks like they have never scored very many in the PL. They were relegated in our Carver season as lowest scorers in the league. Dyche's main achievement may have been stopping the yoyo for one season last year. For all the talk of him going to a bigger club, when he does, he'll have to start setting up teams to go out and score goals to win games, something that Burnley have not done in the PL.

Joselu better than Mitrovic? Not sure about that. Does he better suit the system. Well, he probably does.

He also has a much better chance of leaving the pitch when the manager decides, not the ref.

For me, that's still quite a factor with Mitro.

He's technically better I agree, but he's a training ground champion IMO. He's got worse every game he's played, and his finishing goes to shit under pressure. Mitro's got more self belief, and I think that counts for a lot playing for a club like Newcastle.

On the game itself, I think we might lose this 1-0. Two well drilled sides, but I think our back four has more potential for errors.

He's technically better I agree, but he's a training ground champion IMO. He's got worse every game he's played, and his finishing goes to shit under pressure. Mitro's got more self belief, and I think that counts for a lot playing for a club like Newcastle.

On the game itself, I think we might lose this 1-0. Two well drilled sides, but I think our back four has more potential for errors.

He's in the team for the same reason as Ayoze. Other options aren't as intelligent and hard working as they are. You say "training ground champion", Rafa says team player. Missing a chance here or there is not that important in the big picture.

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/football/premier-league/why-joselu%E2%80%99s-poor-goal-return-won%E2%80%99t-concern-rafa-benitez-just-yet-1.955264

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-can-read-comments-rafa-13827888

He's technically better I agree, but he's a training ground champion IMO. He's got worse every game he's played, and his finishing goes to s*** under pressure. Mitro's got more self belief, and I think that counts for a lot playing for a club like Newcastle.

Of course Mitro's got more self belief when he already won more than Joselu will. He was EURO U19 best player, he knows he's good. Joselu lacks confidence and I think that's a problem for him and us.

He's technically better I agree, but he's a training ground champion IMO. He's got worse every game he's played, and his finishing goes to s*** under pressure. Mitro's got more self belief, and I think that counts for a lot playing for a club like Newcastle.

If Wood doesn't play i'll think we'll win. I don't see where their goals could come from without him in the side.

Either way it's going to be a turgid game

He's in the team for the same reason as Ayoze. Other options aren't as intelligent and hard working as they are. You say "training ground champion", Rafa says team player. Missing a chance here or there is not that important in the big picture.

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/football/premier-league/why-joselu%E2%80%99s-poor-goal-return-won%E2%80%99t-concern-rafa-benitez-just-yet-1.955264

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-can-read-comments-rafa-13827888

That Unibet link is the most nothing article I've read in a while like. Joselu might somehow get better but there's been no signs of it happening the past few games.

Rafa would obviously prefer to have a striker who can score goals on the books.

That Unibet link is the most nothing article I've read in a while like. Joselu might somehow get better but there's been no signs of it happening the past few games.

Rafa would obviously prefer to have a striker who can score goals on the books.

The difference Tammy Abraham would have made to our attacking play is huge I reckon - he does everything Rafa wants from a lone striker.