Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Murphy was around the same price wasn't he?

Wages? Signing on fee? Pretty clear we could hardly afford anyone in the summer.

Also, Ashley would have authorised the Murphy transfer as he's young and english with resale value.  Not as if Rafa actually decided which of his targets we got.

An offer was made and apparently knocked back. What happens then? What is the process after this initial knockback? Say PCP offers their £300m, ashley's lackeys review it (which could take a couple of days maybe, I get that) and it gets declined then what happens next? You'd think that if it was a lowball offer, or PCP would suspect ashley of rejecting their first offer, then they would have a plan B waiting in the wings. Hell, even a plan C just in case. Can they not just spring the new offer there and then (or even after a couple of days for any tweaking etc) Or is it like meeting a new lass and you don't want to sound too eager so you have to leave it 3 days before you call again? There's probably some protocol I don't know about that doesn't make it as simple as I've just made out, and that's what I  want to understand.

think they'll just walk away and go somewhere else, these lot are people Ashley cannot handle, if they wanted they could take Sports Direct out and still have change, mackems would be a bargain buy for them, as for us Relegation, is deffo on the cards should this collapse ,which in all probability it will.

think they'll just walk away and go somewhere else, these lot are people Ashley cannot handle, if they wanted they could take Sports Direct out and still have change, mackems would be a bargain buy for them, as for us Relegation, is deffo on the cards should this collapse ,which in all probability it will.

Based on what exactly?

Get the feeling that the takeover might be closer, because Rafa is hammering Ashley at the moment and burning all bridges :lol:

He definitely seems to be giving less of a shit. I guess for him though, it could be a case of i'll either have new employers or i'll leave so fuck him either way.

Get the feeling that the takeover might be closer, because Rafa is hammering Ashley at the moment and burning all bridges :lol:

Just thinking (hoping) that myself... is he saying this because he knows the ends i nigh... one way or another?