Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just having a discussion with my wife this morning about boycotting any retailers Ashley owns or has a interest in. One thing I thought about is Debenhams and how actually we want to be doing the opposite with them we want to be using it for shopping. Ashley wants Debenhams to fail so he gets a cheap deal just like HOF so it would be in our interest to make Debenhams a success. Not sure if anyone agrees with that logical or not?

Just having a discussion with my wife this morning about boycotting any retailers Ashley owns or has a interest in. One thing I thought about is Debenhams and how actually we want to be doing the opposite with them we want to be using it for shopping. Ashley wants Debenhams to fail so he gets a cheap deal just like HOF so it would be in our interest to make Debenhams a success. Not sure if anyone agrees with that logical or not?

Need to not dilute anti SD sentiment. Saying boyott this but spend here complicates.

You have far too much time in the morning ?

I want every one of his business interests to fail. Once he gets full control over Debenhams it will be exactly like HoF, screwing over customers and suppliers.

The general public are starting to turn on him. BBC are certainly covering every little detail of the HoF story. All of this is good for us because 2 years ago Mike Ashley was considered a good businessman, and it was just bad luck on his part that he bought our club. Deluded Geordies etc..

See, nobody gives a shit about Sports Direct or whoever works for them so the zero hours debacle was always going to blow over. But start fucking around with prestigious high street stores and now everyone is furious.. it’s a mad world.

It’s taken them a few years but everyone else is now seeing what an absolute cunt this man is and with that are beginning to understand why we would be protesting his existence here. It can only help our cause.

I want every one of his business interests to fail. Once he gets full control over Debenhams it will be exactly like HoF, screwing over customers and suppliers.

The general public are starting to turn on him. BBC are certainly covering every little detail of the HoF story. All of this is good for us because 2 years ago Mike Ashley was considered a good businessman, and it was just bad luck on his part that he bought our club. Deluded Geordies etc..

See, nobody gives a shit about Sports Direct or whoever works for them so the zero hours debacle was always going to blow over. But start fucking around with prestigious high street stores and now everyone is furious.. it’s a mad world.

It’s taken them a few years but everyone else is now seeing what an absolute cunt this man is and with that are beginning to understand why we would be protesting his existence here. It can only help our cause.

Yep. Journos are really gunning for him. The guardian for all it's faults are a good resource.

https://www.egi.co.uk/news/billionaire-mike-ashleys-next-venture-is-luxury-flats-project-in-chelsea/?region=news-region-wales

Mike Ashley, the boss of Sports Direct, is set to turn his hand to becoming a luxury property developer in one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods.

A luxury residential scheme in Chelsea, backed by Ashley, has moved a step closer to being developed. The Times has learnt that JLL, a property consultant, has been appointed to advise on all options for the site, known as the Clearings on Draycott Avenue.

This could include running a process to find a high-class developer to build the 78 luxury-flat scheme in a joint venture.

Hope he gets involved with some dodgy Russians and gets Novichoked to hell.

I used to work in that building when it was part of John Lewis corporate headquarters

Yep. Journos are really gunning for him. The guardian for all it's faults are a good resource.

This is my Favourite piece in the Gaurdian

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/21/times-article-comparing-mike-ashley-to-kim-jong-un-was-fair-ipso-rules-press

Mike Ashley, the boss of Sports Direct, can be legitimately compared to the despotic North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un, the British press regulator has ruled.

The sportswear tycoon had complained to the press regulator Ipso after an article in the Times suggested he shared many characteristics with the supreme leader of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea

The article went on to state: “Apart from that, and a common rotundity, there is no similarity between Mike Ashley and Kim Jong-un.”

300M asking price + loan 127M + he wants to keep his advertisments rights. "sure" he wants to sell...

+ Taking on an active HMRC Enquiry and the associated liability and legal costs

+ A creaking infrastructure crying out for investment.

You're still asking north of £500m in reality.

That's not 'up for sale', that's taking the piss.

Yes, but he dropped the price from 400m to 300m. :rolleyes:

There are people who believe this shite.

Italian Americans have never been involved in anything dodgy, have they?

Have any American owners actually put any proper investment into British football clubs? Liverpool and Man U owners have both just ridden the wave of boom time during TV rights going through the roof haven't they?

Italian Americans have never been involved in anything dodgy, have they?

Have any American owners actually put any proper investment into British football clubs? Liverpool and Man U owners have both just ridden the wave of boom time during TV rights going through the roof haven't they?

The guy at Fulham, Shah?

I'm going to come clean here, in the early days I used to think all this anti-Ashley stuff was shite. I was wrong. His only interests are himself and those who have made him money, which might be fair enough in other walks of life, yet doesn't really fit when owning and running a football club. I hope the protests continue and I'm ashamed I ever remotely defended this shite Jabba the Hutt cosplaying wombat.