Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The club is earning more money that almost any other club in the world with the premiership TV money. Why can't we afford to buy a few new players every year?

What was our wage bill in the relegation season compared to the championship? Im smelling bullshit

Parachute payment? players sales? and we still lost £90m?

There is no way most of those players were on Premier League wages.

Player sales do not come into Turnover and are therefore not a part of  the operating loss of 90,9m.

Included in the Operating loss is wages, other expenses, player amortisation and depreciation.

Player sales however do come into Loss after Tax along with Taxation credit and interests.

Whilst the figure is more or less expected, I can't understand why Ashley prefers to show in this way I.e. Record loss after a year in EFL.

Yeah I know excuse for not spending blah blah blah.  Put it aside.  By showing this figures, Ashley is simply telling potential investors the consequences of relegation.  This will certainly scared them away. It seems contradictory to what he wants: to get a huge bid from some silly guys and sold the club. No one will offer 400m. None.

Whilst the figure is more or less expected, I can't understand why Ashley prefers to show in this way I.e. Record loss after a year in EFL.

Yeah I know excuse for not spending blah blah blah.  Put it aside.  By showing this figures, Ashley is simply telling potential investors the consequences of relegation.  This will certainly scared them away. It seems contradictory to what he wants: to get a huge bid from some silly guys and sold the club. No one will offer 400m. None.

He doesn't want to sell the club; this is obvious.

He doesn't want to sell and he doesn't need to cook the books to avoid it. He can just keep ramping up the price to a point where anyone interested will fuck off by themselves. You don't need to be an accountant to work that out.

He doesn't have a choice - these are accounts that have to be published at Companies House within a certain period after the end of the club's financial year. It's the law.

Ashley will only be prepared to sell the club, if relegation is a distinct possibility (as it was, last Dec) And even then, he was after unreasonable money given the danger we were in. Sadly, he is here to stay for a lot longer.

surely this would affect last season (hence there being bugger all money) and we are a year and a premier payment on from that now?

Yep that's my thoughts. I sort of expected last summer due to the TV money being battered but this season we should be on more of a level playing field surely?

Guest ElCid

Announces big losses with the figures released which need explaining especially the wages making no sense at all after being totally to fault with the relegation. Says Rafa will have every penny the club makes which by judging by the figures released will be sweet fa - only can see one outcome Rafa will be undermined again and fat cunt trying to justify not being able to agree to Rafas requests due to the current financial standing. Then just to top it off he is then reported as putting another 100 million on the value of the club which it certainly is not worth under the current standing the club is in. The fat rotten parasite will never ever allow this club to progress

I'm sure we can get in £30m in player sales. If Rafa gets that plus £60M to spend, plus agreement on training ground issue - he would take that.

Keeping Rafa on board sorts out this club.

maybe sorting out/ ambition is not wanted?

I'm sure we can get in £30m in player sales. If Rafa gets that plus £60M to spend, plus agreement on training ground issue - he would take that.

Is annoying like just give Rafa a reasonable budget, free reign, and he'll clearly improve the value of the club.

Certain in a few years, if Rafa has been backed, we'd be a consistent top 8, challenging cups seriously.

I don't even think Rafa is as concerned about having a big transfer budget.

He just wants to know what he has at his disposal and then be allowed to spend it how he sees fit, with deals being done in a timely manner, without having to run after Ashley to go through every detail with a fine toothed comb.

Rafa has shown this season that even with the most basic budget he can perform wonders and take advantage of loans very effectively.

It's so simple man, but Ashley is just something else.

I don't even think Rafa is as concerned about having a big transfer budget.

He just wants to know what he has at his disposal and then be allowed to spend it how he sees fit, with deals being done in a timely manner, without having to run after Ashley to go through every detail with a fine toothed comb.

Rafa has shown this season that even with the most basic budget he can perform wonders and take advantage of loans very effectively.

It's so simple man, but Ashley is just something else.

Fair point. It's proper annoying, when the answer is so easy.

Oh well, there's the ground work in place to engineer another non event of a transfer window. Rafa's gone like just a matter of when not if now. Think he will want to see out this final year of his contract to pay back the loyalty of the fans and his players unless a proper job, not a West Ham, comes along.

I said before that 400 million wasn't an outrageous price, but if these numbers are true then I was way off the mark, he was lucky to be offered 300 million and should have snatched PCP hands off, of course that's IF this is all true. I also said I did believe he genuinely wanted to sell but I'm clearly wrong IF these numbers are to be believed.

Guest The Little Waster

Is annoying like just give Rafa a reasonable budget, free reign, and he'll clearly improve the value of the club.

Certain in a few years, if Rafa has been backed, we'd be a consistent top 8, challenging cups seriously.

FFS when are you people going to wake up ?

Not going to happen... Ever ... Got that ? Good