Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Caulkin is probably the only journo whose articles I read these days and who I trust the most, even if he had no interest or ties to NUFC, if he could he would still write hard hitting stuff because he’s a football man and knows the likes of Ashley and co are bad news for football. He fights our corner constantly because he knows it’s us fans who are the lifeblood of the game.

Chi Onwurah Seems a good egg too, she has sheet metal worker blood in her like Shearer.

Guest firetotheworks

Caulkin's an excellent journalist like and has been for years and years, very trustworthy, likeable, and writes beautifully. Just my opinion of course and just a hunch, but I'd put good money on the Bobby Robson 'What is a club in any case...' quote being almost all his work. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Caulkin's an excellent journalist like and has been for years and years, very trustworthy, likeable, and writes beautifully. Just my opinion of course and just a hunch, but I'd put good money on the Bobby Robson 'What is a club in any case...' quote being almost all his work. 

I wouldn't know, I could see Sir Bobby easily saying something like that, but in more words and going off on a tangent about oak doors or something in between. Regardless it’s a beautiful, poignant and now iconic quote. It should be quoted underneath the HowayTheLads sign heading to the pitch.

Guest The Little Waster

I wouldn't know, I could see Sir Bobby easily saying something like that, but in more words and going off on a tangent about oak doors or something in between. Regardless it’s a beautiful, poignant and now iconic quote. It should be quoted underneath the HowayTheLads sign heading to the pitch.

And were speaking fluent Hollish ... 😎

We should all buy SD shares, all of us turn up and ask him awkward questions. He might not respond but he’ll feel intimidated within his own company. Best thing is, if we all sold our shares afterwards at the same time then the value of the company will drop.

You'd have to buy a lot of shares to noticeably affect the share price.  Like, millions of pounds worth.  Hundreds of billions even.

We should all buy SD shares, all of us turn up and ask him awkward questions. He might not respond but he’ll feel intimidated within his own company. Best thing is, if we all sold our shares afterwards at the same time then the value of the company will drop.

Hundreds of billions even.

Would rather we just invested that in the Tyne and Wear Metro tbh.

Yep, they had numbers up on money spent, but never mentioned the money we brought in.

What? All 4 million of it? That's all we have spent. Even if they didnt mention money coming in, saying we've spent 4 million is embarrassing on Ashleys part still.

The laughable thing is that even by showing a massive bias in the numbers they put up, it still looks abysmal that we've spent £3.6m. Not even SSN could polish that turd, but they've given it a good go :thup:

Guest reefatoon

2014/15 season we brought in £20.7m, so the actual spend was £9.8m

2015/16 season we only brought in £2m, so the actual spend was £76.2m (all for fucking McClaren too man)

2016/17 season we brought in a whopping £85.8m, so instead of it saying we spent a hugely generous £54.1m, we actually came out of that season £31.7m up

2017/18 season we brought in £25.9m so the actual spend was £16.7m

Overall Sky are saying over those seasons flash Mike has spent £180m, when in truth, when you take off the money we have recouped in sales, it is actually only £74.6m. Massive difference and over 5 seasons it's absolute shite. It averages around £15m per season.

Saying that, I didn't put this season's sales so far on that so it's going to be even worse.

Out of curiosity, how much money have we brought in through sales during the period shown on the graphic?

We can only guess for the most part because the club nearly always announce deals out for an undisclosed fee. It could be more than what we think or could be less..

Wonder will they break even with Sels leaving now? 50% loss on Mbemba apparently.