Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now the window is over, that could be what Rafa and Lascelles want TBH. At least enough to sign it. Doesn’t mean we should do it obviously.

If they have signed that then they are no better than the cunts at the top in my eyes. God what has this club become. Also now matchgoers between 16- 24 will only really know going to the match under Ashley

Not exactly sure how paid employees signing a pretty meh statement about backing the team makes them cunts like. The vitriol that’s rightly aimed towards Ashley and getting behind the team can remain mutually exclusive. If there’s no heart for the team even in times of trouble then you are heartless

All this get behind the team etc. For what? To come 17th and keep Ashley on the gravy train and continue just existing to finish 17th or above? 10th or 17th this season makes no difference

The only thing that does and to get the club back is Ashley out

For Rafa and lascelles it’s their job, they have to just get on with it. What don’t you get about that?

Rafa is a strange one, he loves football that much that he could quite easily put all the anger of being messed about to one side once the buzz of match day comes around.

Maybe he even sees it as an extra challenge to work with inferior players.

I’m disappointed if he really put his name to that. But maybe he knows something we don’t. We'll never know what’s been said in any of those phone calls or meetings.

Rafa is a strange one, he loves football that much that he could quite easily put all the anger of being messed about to one side once the buzz of match day comes around.

I’m disappointed if he really put his name to that. But maybe he knows something we don’t. We'll never know what’s been said in any of those phone calls or meetings.

From the minute Rafa got here he’s went on and on about getting behind the players, back the team etc. That’s all this statement is.

There is no big conspiracy where Rafa has been turned ffs

Of course Rafa isn't happy and of course nothing good long term will happen with Ashley in charge and absolutely action needs to be taken to try and dislodge him, and I think boycotts etc are probably justified.

Thing is though Rafa fucking loves managing. if he left he'd probably have to wait for a few months to get another premier league job, then he'd have to get to know the players etc etc and who knows what, no time for any preparation. He clearly wants to at least enjoy another season before leaving head held high. No him staying isn't going to bring on the apocalypse that may force Ashley out or at least get more fans properly on side. But we have one more season of this and I can't hate him for that. He loves the crowds, loves the city, loves the club, probably reasonably doesn't want his last season tarnished by continual crowd discontent. I will support the team while he is in charge at least from afar, dunno if I'll go to any games or not, prefer not to give Ashley any more money. Yes he is prolonging it, yes it's a difficult situation, but lets not start calling Rafa out for not quitting, he loves the job, the players love him, let him have his swansong.

From the minute Rafa got here he’s went on and on about getting behind the players, back the team etc. That’s all this statement is.

There is no big conspiracy where Rafa has been turned ffs

I’m not suggesting for a moment that there is one. This is pure Keith Bishop propaganda, nothing more nothing less, but Rafa isn’t the type of person to remain silent if they’d added his name to something he didn’t approve of.

Like I suggested, maybe there’s more to it. Maybe he is going to sign a new deal? And this is just to keep the peace. Who knows..

If he was going to leave, or should I say if he wanted to leave, I’d expect him to make things as uncomfortable for Lee Charnley, Mike Ashley and the rest of the imbecile squad as possible. Like he did at Liverpool when they started fucking him about.

And I’m saying he did approve it for no other reason than he wants the team and fans United. I’d bet my bank account Rafa goes on the attack again in January and by February he’ll be saying the same back the team msg. His only aim now is to win games and finish as high up the table as we can. That’s it

Of course Rafa isn't happy and of course nothing good long term will happen with Ashley in charge and absolutely action needs to be taken to try and dislodge him, and I think boycotts etc are probably justified.

Thing is though Rafa fucking loves managing. if he left he'd probably have to wait for a few months to get another premier league job, then he'd have to get to know the players etc etc and who knows what, no time for any preparation. He clearly wants to at least enjoy another season before leaving head held high. No him staying isn't going to bring on the apocalypse that may force Ashley out or at least get more fans properly on side. But we have one more season of this and I can't hate him for that. He loves the crowds, loves the city, loves the club, probably reasonably doesn't want his last season tarnished by continual crowd discontent. I will support the team while he is in charge at least from afar, dunno if I'll go to any games or not, prefer not to give Ashley any more money. Yes he is prolonging it, yes it's a difficult situation, but lets not start calling Rafa out for not quitting, he loves the job, the players love him, let him have his swansong.

Decent post

To give my friends here at N-O some info look at companies house beta data for Mash Holdings. I can't see shit now due to data protection. But a controlling interest change has been made. Maybe the HoF buy has been planned for a while and Mike has recouped some cash flow from NUFC and his SD empire? Directors loans and pure cash investment can be levied against the current situation in companies. Think of a size of company almost half of yourself but perhaps not knowing what the bills are. Belt tightening will be required.

Guest chopey

To give my friends here at N-O some info look at companies house beta data for Mash Holdings. I can't see shit now due to data protection. But a controlling interest change has been made. Maybe the HoF buy has been planned for a while and Mike has recouped some cash flow from NUFC and his SD empire? Directors loans and pure cash investment can be levied against the current situation in companies. Think of a size of company almost half of yourself but perhaps not knowing what the bills are. Belt tightening will be required.

WTF

I have absolutely no idea what this mean. :lol:

Think of a size of company almost half of yourself but perhaps not knowing what the bills are. Belt tightening will be required.

You mean MASH Holdings are taking on HoF which is almost half the size of MASH by itself but they may be as yet unaware of operating costs of HoF and so need to be putting aside cash as a contingency?

Maybe.

Fuck knaas :lol:

I have absolutely no idea what this mean. :lol:

+1 :lol:

Think of a size of company almost half of yourself but perhaps not knowing what the bills are. Belt tightening will be required.

You mean MASH Holdings are taking on HoF which is almost half the size of MASH by itself but they may be as yet unaware of operating costs of HoF and so need to be putting aside cash as a contingency?

Maybe.

Fuck knaas :lol:

Bingo he only owns 50 odd percent of SD which is struggling so he could well be prepared to turn his loans in to non taxable cash returns which are classified as his "wallpaper" or Directors loans. Loads of cash to give to SD to fund HoF cash flow with some kick back perhaps.

Worth noting that he's recently bought the WHSmith store (includes H&M), and the former Clas Ohlson store on Northumberland street for over £30m. Rumours are that he's going to move SD into the whole building, having a massive SD. There is already a shop fitting contractor who do SD's shop fits onsite in the former Clas Ohlson section.

You just cannot win I guess support the team and not the regime technically as an after thought supports the regime anyway. Over succeed and who cares what the other teams have done in the division the attitude is we did well we can do this without buying and if that fails and the team struggle there get out is well this group did well last time.

It has similar tones to the season we just signed Anita. Assuming everything will fall in our favour and it will work out the same year after year not considering injuries, ageing playing etc or external factors like other teams dont stand still. This is typical of the club being run from non football people. Will bite us in the arse one way or another either we do well despite this summer window and they say they are proven right rinse and repeat until we have a failing season. Or it doesn't go well and they refer to 10th last season and our fault as fans causing unrest. Rafa uncertain future etc basically anything other than their own failings to back a man that has a plan longer than a season of survival.

I think the reality is that Rafa is actually more happy with the signings and with the people that he's working with than he was making out during the transfer window.

If I'm wrong, and he was as unhappy as he was suggesting, then he should have quit.

You just cannot win I guess support the team and not the regime technically as an after thought supports the regime anyway. Over succeed and who cares what the other teams have done in the division the attitude is we did well we can do this without buying and if that fails and the team struggle there get out is well this group did well last time.

It has similar tones to the season we just signed Anita. Assuming everything will fall in our favour and it will work out the same year after year not considering injuries, ageing playing etc or external factors like other teams dont stand still. This is typical of the club being run from non football people. Will bite us in the arse one way or another either we do well despite this summer window and they say they are proven right rinse and repeat until we have a failing season. Or it doesn't go well and they refer to 10th last season and our fault as fans causing unrest. Rafa uncertain future etc basically anything other than their own failings to back a man that has a plan longer than a season of survival.

Best thing for the active members of our support to do is to just forget the 'support the team, not the regime' fans. If they aren't interested in protests then forget about them and do the protests without them. So far they are going well, slowly building to something bigger I hope. Every club is always going to have a section of fans who are happy to just go and watch football. Life is full of people who don't want to take any sort of action in their lives and just live through the motions. It fucking grates on me, not just in football, but all you can do is try and achieve your aims and stand up for what you believe in.

I think the reality is that Rafa is actually more happy with the signings and with the people that he's working with than he was making out during the transfer window.

If I'm wrong, and he was as unhappy as he was suggesting, then he should have quit.

Could be exactly what Ashley wants though...for him to walk away. And I think that is becoming increasingly obvious.

Worth noting that he's recently bought the WHSmith store (includes H&M), and the former Clas Ohlson store on Northumberland street for over £30m. Rumours are that he's going to move SD into the whole building, having a massive SD. There is already a shop fitting contractor who do SD's shop fits onsite in the former Clas Ohlson section.

Ooh, that would look spectacular if it were to go up in flames.

#RememberCallersPegasus

Just thinking - Wouldn't surprise me one single bit if this statement was a condition of the bonus scheme being agreed upon by the club.

I can see Rafa and Lascelles agreeing that for the good of the players - Though they probably didn't expect the statement would be used to firefight Ashley's use of the transfer funds we didn't spend to buy House of f***ing Fraser. :lol:

This is a good shout.

Is there anything that can be done in terms of appeals to the City Council to slow things down and just generally make the whole thing a misery of red tape for him?  Planning permissions or something like that?

Is there anything that can be done in terms of appeals to the City Council to slow things down and just generally make the whole thing a misery of red tape for him?  Planning permissions or something like that?

Could murder someone and dump the body in there?

Just thinking - Wouldn't surprise me one single bit if this statement was a condition of the bonus scheme being agreed upon by the club.

I can see Rafa and Lascelles agreeing that for the good of the players - Though they probably didn't expect the statement would be used to firefight Ashley's use of the transfer funds we didn't spend to buy House of fucking Fraser. :lol:

Pretty much what I thought, although I can't see there being a direct relationship between our transfer funds and the house of fraser. He can't use the club like a cash machine.