Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No more to it than the owner going to a match that’s local to him, away from any fans who may try to get to him, and close enough for his friends to join him so they can go out afterwards.

He has no interest in what we do on the pitch. If he was just having a day out with his mates, they’d surely go and see a decent team.

Eh? He owns a football club, he’s hardly going to rock up at a match that doesn’t involve his own team and to be honest he’d hardly be welcome.

No more to it than the owner going to a match that’s local to him, away from any fans who may try to get to him, and close enough for his friends to join him so they can go out afterwards.

He has no interest in what we do on the pitch. If he was just having a day out with his mates, they’d surely go and see a decent team.

Eh? He owns a football club, he’s hardly going to rock up at a match that doesn’t involve his own team and to be honest he’d hardly be welcome.

He’s about as welcome as a fart in the shower where ever he goes.

Besides owning Newcastle he has no interest in this club. If he had any sporting interest he wouldn’t act like such a cunt all the time.

Selling cheap tat is all the man cares about.

And off he goes to blame the landlords, as I said from the start.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/09/22/mike-ashley-attacks-greedy-house-fraser-store-landlords/

Look he's saved 20 stores

Altrincham, Greater Manchester

Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

Birkenhead, Merseyside

Camberley, Surrey

Carlisle, Cumbria

Darlington, County Durham

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire

High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

Leeds; Lincoln; Maidstone, Kent

Skipton and Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire

Plymouth, Devon

Solihull and Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands

Telford, Shropshire

The towns in bold i would have no idea why he would want to save though, seems very strange.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/09/22/mike-ashley-attacks-greedy-house-fraser-store-landlords/

Birkenhead, Merseyside

Camberley, Surrey

Carlisle, Cumbria

Plymouth, Devon

Telford, Shropshire

The towns in bold i would have no idea why he would want to save though, seems very strange.

Be a number of reasons. HoF might be main anchor tenant or have a lack of other anchor tenants to compete with. Those towns may have higher vacancy rates so landlords cut favourable deals to HoF so not having to deal with holding costs on a large asset in a town with little chance of reletting without substantial outlay in redevelopment minus an end user in the short to mid term. Also they may just be trading well in those locations

Guest reefatoon

Mike must have been there because that nasty Rafa finally decided to invite him along. Poor Mike has been waiting for ages after all. He even bought a brand new super length tie for the occasion. Look at the size of it. How the fuck does that thing wrap around his massive neck and still practically trail on the floor.

Birkenhead, Merseyside

Camberley, Surrey

Carlisle, Cumbria

Plymouth, Devon

Telford, Shropshire

Be a number of reasons. HoF might be main anchor tenant or have a lack of other anchor tenants to compete with. Those towns may have higher vacancy rates so landlords cut favourable deals to HoF so not having to deal with holding costs on a large asset in a town with little chance of reletting without substantial outlay in redevelopment minus an end user in the short to mid term. Also they may just be trading well in those locations

I believe that HoF might own the Darlington building rather than renting it.  Prior to administration the plan was probably to close the store there & sell off the building since it would bring in some cash to keep things going.  With Ashley now having bought them out of administration there's less need to sell the building for a cash injection and more of an incentive to keep it open (plus he can probably now relocate the Sports Direct in Darlington to the HoF building and save having to pay rent he's paying there).

Surely no club would let a boxer sell their merchandise and profit from using the clubs badge.

Yeah, I hadn't realised what the fuss was about, but just googled it, and this is one of the tops being sold as part of his 'merch...

https://twitter.com/EV2Sportswear/status/1039494881385832449

On the website, its been taken down now. But I guess if he hadn't asked NUFC, then I can understand them kicking off, as it almost looks like it could be a club product.

Anyway, suppose the best outcome could be that Ritson might put an 'Ashley Out' and/or 'Sports Redirect' logos on his kit next time his fight is on TV.  :snod: