Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"I know I speak for both of us in that we continue to share a serious determination to finalise the agreement we have to suit both parties as soon as possible in the new year.

"We have both spent many months discussing the parameters of a final deal and as you know we have also invested heavily in time and money on our various legal and financial advisors.

"And I appreciate the time and effort committed to the detailed discussions by your advisors, lawyers, club, and, of course, yourself.

"I fully respect your desire to ensure the next owners of Newcastle United understand the club, football, and have the appropriate financial resources, and I am delighted that you think the investor group led by myself is the best fit.

"On my side, I would like to personally assure you that I am committed to conclude our deal as soon as possible and, while we are both perhaps frustrated that we have not progressed as quickly as we would have wished, I would like to express personal gratitude for your patience and integrity in this matter and hope we can continue our discussions in the same spirit."

and as you know we have also invested heavily in time and money on our various legal and financial advisors.

Odd thing to state. We both know this but I'll say it anyway.

PR bullshit.

and as you know we have also invested heavily in time and money on our various legal and financial advisors.

PR bullshit.

Yeah this. It's clearly written for the media.

PR bullshit.

Aye, looks it.

It's a load of bollocks and ought to represent the final nail in believing there's anything in the Kenyon story.

Guest The Little Waster

Complete bollocks from start to finish and Douglas Ryder et al should hang their heads in shame publishing this kind of shite

PR bullshit.

Aye, looks it.

It's a load of bollocks and ought to represent the final nail in believing there's anything in the Kenyon story.

I kind a disagree with that. My guess is that its an actual letter from Kenyon but because it's written with the leak in mind the deal cant be progressing too well. There would be no need for a leak if it was.

"I fully respect your desire to ensure the next owners of Newcastle United understand the club, football, and have the appropriate financial resources, and I am delighted that you think the investor group led by myself is the best fit.

:yao: Fuck this bullshit. They seem to have really latched on to peddling this absolute tripe lately. I'm more and more of the opinion he's genuinely just trying to wind the fans up. Not sticking high asking prices out of ignorance/greed, not trying to get the fans off his back during the transfer window. I just think he loves seeing how much he can get away with. He's sure as fuck vindictive enough.

Are we the only club who doesn't have email or phones?

I dunno like, a letter seems more right for something like that somehow. More formal? Fuck knows.

My guess is there would be too many questions about how an email has been leaked, and they can't really leak a phone call.  So let's make up a letter and give copies to the media.

PR bullshit.

Oh oh, Ashley had spend our transfer war chest on legal and financial advisors.

Drat!

Okay, I know the timing is suspicious, but for people claiming this is a PR stunt, what the fuck does Kenyon get out of this exactly?

A big fat brown envelope from Uncle Keith?

Eh?

Instead of writing a letter just complete a fucking deal.

Indeed. Why carry it out in public? Unless Kenyon found out what everyone knew and his confirmation/nod to the fans that he'll never sell up, while still being within the bounds of the NDA. idk.