Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Senior Director at work came in today all smug (Manure fan) saying ahh well she's not buying you! I was like sorry? he said my dentist in Milton Keynes had Amanda Staveley's husband in last week and he said not a chance she is buying the club. Yeah mate because he is going to tell the dentist all the details....ffs haha  Its like everyone hates us and hate the fact good times could be around the corner again!

It'd be the most Newcastle thing ever for this too all go tits up. Also with Ashley it's probably the most likely scenario as past history suggests.

Something seems to be going on, but none of the press actually have much of an idea at the minute. Staveley has looked into buying Liverpool previously, it is feasible that we're being used as a pawn in a larger game here. The one thing giving me hope this isn't the case is that surely Rafa wouldn't have been fooled and he seemed pretty happy when the news first came out.

Anyway, I've tried to ignore this and not get my hopes up but the silence is killing me now. The next few weeks/months could be the most important in the clubs history, for once we need a positive outcome, if it all comes crashing down the comedown is going to be on a scale not even imagined.

Fingers crossed!

Senior Director at work came in today all smug (Manure fan) saying ahh well she's not buying you! I was like sorry? he said my dentist in Milton Keynes had Amanda Staveley's husband in last week and he said not a chance she is buying the club. Yeah mate because he is going to tell the dentist all the details....ffs haha  Its like everyone hates us and hate the fact good times could be around the corner again!

Must be something about dentists.

Demtists are the middle class equivalent to taxi drivers when it comes to bullshit.

Technically she probably isn't buying us it's not her money it will be a rich arabs.

It'd be the most Newcastle thing ever for this too all go tits up. Also with Ashley it's probably the most likely scenario as past history suggests.

Something seems to be going on, but none of the press actually have much of an idea at the minute. Staveley has looked into buying Liverpool previously, it is feasible that we're being used as a pawn in a larger game here. The one thing giving me hope this isn't the case is that surely Rafa wouldn't have been fooled and he seemed pretty happy when the news first came out.

Anyway, I've tried to ignore this and not get my hopes up but the silence is killing me now. The next few weeks/months could be the most important in the clubs history, for once we need a positive outcome, if it all comes crashing down the comedown is going to be on a scale not even imagined.

Fingers crossed!

:thup:

I honestly think he's trying to offload us this time its went on far too long, I can't see Staveley / PCP keeping quiet if there's not a genuine ambition to takeover us. If you choose to believe Ryder (I know) the FA are 'aware' of whomever the potential owners are plans for the club;

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanSnowden/status/931192134161653760/photo/1

Now I'd choose to believe that some bloke/lass at the FA ain't just sitting reading the papers & such :lol:

The focus is on Staveley, but it’s not her or her company buying the club, she’s acting on behalf of others as she did for the Mansour’s with Man City.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was someone else entirely to be honest, seeing as there were reportedly multiple groups carrying out diligence.

Either that or we’re having smoke blown up our collective arses and it’s all bullshit.

Fingers crossed!

That's my biggest fear in all of this, although the lad I know who spoke to her was utterly convinced about how genuine they were. That and Ashley's ability to change his mind at the drop of the hat, and general cuntishness.

After 40 years of (mainly) being let down by this club, I've geared myself for the inevitable bad news. But you never know!

Well if we're all contributing with bits and pieces of what we've heard, I was told the following by my cousin, who is a personal friend of Murat Ulker:

While having dinner with Murat and his entourage, I asked about NUFC, and their reply was "we're going for it".

I've since asked my cousin to try to get more info.

Well if we're all contributing with bits and pieces of what we've heard, I was told the following by my cousin, who is a personal friend of Murat Ulker:

While having dinner with Murat and his entourage, I asked about NUFC, and their reply was "we're going for it".

I've since asked my cousin to try to get more info.

This biscuit man? I thought he'd already ruled out any interest.

Was chatting to my Man City supporting  mate this week, he was unaware that we were up for being taken over but, I told him it appeared to be the same "group" that brokered their deal....  he said that they (and he is a long term, long suffering fan who has put his money where his mouth is for years - good times and mostly bad!) as a group of fans had zero idea that Man City were even being taken over up until the day it was officially announce....

Of course back then Twitter and general social media wasn't the disease that it is now so rumours were obviously minimized.....

If it wasn't for intrusive (made up) journalism and socal media ITK's then we would all be equally in the dark that anything was going on. 

He was really surprised that we were on the brink (or so it seems) of being bankrolled by some middle eastern cash!  He did say that if it does happen we will seriously love it!  But to be prepared for huge amounts of general hatred from other teams' fans.  No shit eh?  I told him we were used to that anyway!

Fingers crossed!

That's my biggest fear in all of this, although the lad I know who spoke to her was utterly convinced about how genuine they were. That and Ashley's ability to change his mind at the drop of the hat, and general cuntishness.

After 40 years of (mainly) being let down by this club, I've geared myself for the inevitable bad news. But you never know!

Agree 100%. I'm hoping your man is correct in what he's been told first hand. Just find the best thing to do is expect the worst with this club, although praying for the best obviously!

Demtists are the middle class equivalent to taxi drivers when it comes to bullshit.

http://i.imgur.com/agq9c5H.gif