Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Another advertisement to try and create a bidding war. Plus an excuse not to spend in January..... Rinse & Repeat.

So when has he acually in person been filmed on camera saying that he is hopefull a deal will be completed by January - doesn't need to say a word as previous and nobody expects him to spend. Might be a load of s*** but actually he would put more pressure on himself if it was than he would by saying f*** all.

Good point!

Afraid to get my hopes up again though.

Nether am I but it's not the same as previous and anyone who thinks it's just to avoid paying money in January is just daft - he need not have said f*** all like usual and nobody would have battered an eyelid. This actually puts him under more pressure.

Daft. :lol: It's always 'different this time' because there's always something new that makes it different. This time he's on telly lying, just like he went on telly and put himself 'under more pressure' by saying that Rafa could have 'every penny the club generates' and lied - he's a liar, he lies constantly, to managers, to players, to fans, to the media, through the media, to shareholders, to staff, to tribunals, to government committees. Him lying on telly means nothing, he's done it plenty of times.

Guest firetotheworks

Even when it's obvious bullshit it still puts us in a position where we're talking about it instead of concentrating on getting him out.

It's the hope (or lack of) that kills, KI. Pressure needs to be kept up regardless.

Exactly. Absolutely no one should change what they had intended to do (not that I was that confident about the Wolves boycott previously like :lol:)

Another advertisement to try and create a bidding war. Plus an excuse not to spend in January..... Rinse & Repeat.

So when has he acually in person been filmed on camera saying that he is hopefull a deal will be completed by January - doesn't need to say a word as previous and nobody expects him to spend. Might be a load of s*** but actually he would put more pressure on himself if it was than he would by saying f*** all.

Good point!

Nether am I but it's not the same as previous and anyone who thinks it's just to avoid paying money in January is just daft - he need not have said f*** all like usual and nobody would have battered an eyelid. This actually puts him under more pressure.

Daft. :lol: It's always 'different this time' because there's always something new that makes it different. This time he's on telly lying, just like he went on telly and put himself 'under more pressure' by saying that Rafa could have 'every penny the club generates' and lied - he's a liar, he lies constantly, to managers, to players, to fans, to shareholders, to staff, to tribunals, to government committees. Him lying on telly means nothing.

When did he do that live on tv though as I said he just puts himself under pressure for no reason. May well be bullshit but for people saying it's just because of the transfer window is just daft to be honest.

Anyone really going to change their minds about boycottint the Wolver game as a result of this crap? Really hope people are not so gullible.

People weren't going to do it anyway. You'll be lucky if there is a couple of thousand that don't attend, it won't arse him in the slightest.

The entire reason you're posting is because he's been arsed enough about it to go on Sky to lie about it.

Do you honestly believe that? He's got more important things going on. NUFC and a few fans boycotting one game is well down on his list of priorities.

I personally think he's tired of fighting on two fronts, his tat empire with Jo Public & the Government and the club with the fans, and he's choosing to jettison the club if someone can offer him decent terms. The club rewards him less and the gambles are a lot higher. He hasn't the stomach for another relegation or a continued fight with the fans. He wants out, more than ever. Keep the pressure on him, he's cracking, but for me his statement tonight is nothing to do with the Wolves game and everything to do with him wanting to get things moving so he can focus on SD and 'saving the high-street' with him investing the sale of the club either direct in to SD as the shares are down or him buying commercial property to become his own landlord.

I suppose time will tell for who is right. You're invited to my told you so party, they'll be cake and balloons ;)

I dunno why I wouldn't believe that considering he's done it time and time and time again. Be it because of protests, or as an excuse to not spend. This one's a 2 for 1, even if the Wolves boycott is the none event everyone thinks it'll be. 

He's far more concerned about PR and manipulation than many of our fans seem to think and short of actually selling, there's a mountain of evidence that backs that up.

I will happily attend your party like, I'll never be more happy to be wrong.

I hear you, and i'm not writing or neglecting the factual history of his lies and bullshit, but i think this time its different. I didn't buy in to the Staveley 'bid' and the last time he pulled the wool over my eyes was with Keegan (and have since not put money in to his pocket) so fair play if he's caught this fish, but for reasons i've stated above its the right time for him to leave, all it will take is a serious bid and not the blatant PR stunt Staveley was trying to pull (He met his match there mind)

PS: You're bringing the beer.

Headlibe writers dream

Toon draw a blank.

Blank checks in.

Soapy tit blank

Etc

:lol: I'm such a child.

In other news fuck this 'rumour'. So advanced you're willing to spout off about it randomly on Sky News. :lol: Righto you gobshite. I miss the 'recluse' fat cunt.

Amazing the amount of people that believe what a pathological liar says time and time again.

Ash come on man. Just give him until the end of January. Just till the window shuts.

January is the true test tbf.

Sigh. The same tactic two years in a row? Is this really all Keith has?

He didn't do it last year everything was from Slavely's side in fact he didn't say a word about it until the pressure was notched up by her saying things were going well. He then came out to deny it and say it was a load of shit - nothing like last year,

Former Chelsea chief executive Peyer Kenyon has been trying to attract investors in the USA in order to launch a takeover, but was believed to be struggling to raise the funds needed, while Telegraph Sport was told over the weekend that a Turkish consortium has shown a firm interest since the start of the season.On top of that, there are claims that a “multi-billionaire” who “is not from the USA” has also made an “acceptable” bid in the last few days and is waiting to hear back from Ashley as to whether the process can continue. 

Guest firetotheworks

Good point!

Daft. :lol: It's always 'different this time' because there's always something new that makes it different. This time he's on telly lying, just like he went on telly and put himself 'under more pressure' by saying that Rafa could have 'every penny the club generates' and lied - he's a liar, he lies constantly, to managers, to players, to fans, to shareholders, to staff, to tribunals, to government committees. Him lying on telly means nothing.

When did he do that live on tv though as I said he just puts himself under pressure for no reason. May well be bullshit but for people saying it's just because of the transfer window is just daft to be honest.

It's not daft at all. He lied on TV in the summer about Rafa getting transfer funds, he lied on TV after the Staveley interview, he lied during the tribunal with Keegan, with Jonas, and in countless other situations. How many examples will it take and how many years will it take for it to not be daft to not believe a relentless, pathelogical and instinctive liar? Why would him being on telly or supposedly inviting pressure on himself when he's done it countless times before change that?

He got fed up with Staveley because she went through the media. He dosent like it when it goes public, likes to keep it quiet untill it's done.

And then he goes public through the media himself. I don't get it. He wouldn't do it if he doesn't get anything out of it. Only thing I could think of is an excuse so he doesn't have to spend in january.

I don't get him. Never have and probably never will.

We will see - the only bit of a difference is he has actually came out and said it whilst he didn't with the Slavely deal

It's just a different tactic to make it appear more credible.

Ultimately, he loses no face if he comes out later to say the deal was close, but ultimately fell through.