Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It’s mad logic that though, why not sell your asset when its value is peaking? We’re obviously going to go on a significant decline when Rafa goes, better off selling now.

It's not about selling though is it Ian, we don't know the figures but he must be making enough money out of us to keep the club. I know another relegation would hurt but he's been through that twice, the thick twat probably thinks that'll be easy enough to get out of again.

That and he knows how professional Rafa is, Rafa keeps us up and the gravy train keep pouring down the fat fucks throat.

Would this work/make sense?

Govt & FA follow the chi debate by introducing a rule that says all the tv money is distributed on the strict basis that it is spent for the club and evidence is transparently shown as to where it goes i.e. staff, stadium costs, wages, transfers, youth facilities. If a club wants to and is able to separately generate commercial revenue through sponsorship fine they can, but the big sky bt gravy train is ring fenced cash.  That keeps money in the league and the game, keeps status quo so city etc dont reject it, but stops the parasites like ashley and maintains at least a constant and equal degree of growth amongst clubs. I'm no accountant so someone will probably find an easy work around/say its bollocks

I love this suggestion :thup:

Would this work/make sense?

Govt & FA follow the chi debate by introducing a rule that says all the tv money is distributed on the strict basis that it is spent for the club and evidence is transparently shown as to where it goes i.e. staff, stadium costs, wages, transfers, youth facilities. If a club wants to and is able to separately generate commercial revenue through sponsorship fine they can, but the big sky bt gravy train is ring fenced cash.  That keeps money in the league and the game, keeps status quo so city etc dont reject it, but stops the parasites like ashley and maintains at least a constant and equal degree of growth amongst clubs. I'm no accountant so someone will probably find an easy work around/say its bollocks

I love this suggestion :thup:

I was thinking about that the other day.  Doesn't Fifa have rules against government  interference ??

Simon Jordan said a few days ago that clubs are usually only bought when in distress. I would actually be interested what Ashley would do if we got relegated and didn't make promotion the following season.

I heard that as well. That's why I think we need to be relegated and stay down before s change will take place.

Simon Jordan said a few days ago that clubs are usually only bought when in distress. I would actually be interested what Ashley would do if we got relegated and didn't make promotion the following season.

I heard that as well. That's why I think we need to be relegated and stay down before s change will take place.

I remember during the Championship season the club said not getting promoted at the first time of asking would have bene a disaster for the club so it could push Ashley over the edge.

I’ve been a supporter since 1995, and I can’t remember us having a squad so devoid of attacking talent.

And there’s no efforts whatsoever to help out one of the best manangers we’ve had in that period.

I’ve been a supporter since 1995, and I can’t remember us having a squad so devoid of attacking talent.

And there’s no efforts whatsoever to help out one of the best manangers we’ve had in that period.

Their logic is so flawed.

Get a good manager in Benitez, but fund him with bargain bucket signings or when Benitez is gone hire another McClaren,let him spend the money they won't allow Benitez to spend, but such a manager will decrease value of new signings.

My 6 mates that sit together have just decided all to cancel their tickets and a few of them have had them for 27 years. We all took our kids on Saturday and it was honestly so depressing.

:clap:

The more people that realise this is the way forward the better, having said that, unfortunately there will be people who will step in and take your place.

Such a fucking depressing shit storm.

The more people that realise this is the way forward the better, having said that, unfortunately there will be people who will step in and take your place.

if the cancellations are actually as significant as it's looking he'll cut the price and people will buy it

Don't think the people cancelling will necessarily all be replaced given there isn't a season ticket sellout this season. There will, obviously, be new customers but there is going to be a massive increase in the amount of empty seats and that is significant.