Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I do think this new wave of negativity has coincided with the defeat on Saturday and it's manner coupled with the losing run. Had we avoided defeat on Saturday, would the meltdown have been as severe?

Rafa's press conference I thought was addressing the fans and the expectations of us being able to comfortably turn over Watford, Bournemouth and Burnley. Thanks to the summer, this isn't the case. That's what he alluded to and that's what I took from it, it was an address to the fans more than Ashley.

Steve Wraith is a c***. So is Michael Martin, they weren't worth listening to when the news was positive, why should they be worth listening to now whilst it's negative?

Because negative news re: this club is usually close to the mark unfortunately. I have zero faith in Ashley to do the right thing here.

I think it'll happen. It makes no financial sense for Ashley for it not to. And money is all he cares about. He's a vile, horrible cunt who doesn't give a shite about anybody, yes, but surely he can't throw this away or it's curtains for getting any sale for north of £300m. An absolute dire day at SJP on Saturday doesn't change that.

I do think this new wave of negativity has coincided with the defeat on Saturday and it's manner coupled with the losing run. Had we avoided defeat on Saturday, would the meltdown have been as severe?

Rafa's press conference I thought was addressing the fans and the expectations of us being able to comfortably turn over Watford, Bournemouth and Burnley. Thanks to the summer, this isn't the case. That's what he alluded to and that's what I took from it, it was an address to the fans more than Ashley.

Steve Wraith is a c***. So is Michael Martin, they weren't worth listening to when the news was positive, why should they be worth listening to now whilst it's negative?

Because negative news re: this club is usually close to the mark unfortunately. I have zero faith in Ashley to do the right thing here.

I think it'll happen. It makes no financial sense for Ashley for it not to. And money is all he cares about. He's a vile, horrible cunt who doesn't give a shite about anybody, yes, but surely he can't throw this away or it's curtains for getting any sale for north of £300m. An absolute dire day at SJP on Saturday doesn't change that.

Well I really do hope you're right.

Is there a reason the Chronicle haven't gone all out against Ashley like the did to help get John Hall in, other than the fear of upsetting Ashley and him being stubborn?

Was the politics back in the 89-92 period not different back then? Something to do with shares in the club? Could be wrong, as I wasn't alive back then :lol: but I've been watching a few videos on the NUFC 1980-1994 YouTube channel and there's a couple videos on the power struggle between McKeag and his board and the Magpie Group.

Is there a reason the Chronicle haven't gone all out against Ashley like the did to help get John Hall in, other than the fear of upsetting Ashley and him being stubborn?

Didn't Douglas take a pop at them the other day?

I mean like full blown assault on the club like they did.

I mean like full blown assault on the club like they did.

he is vindictive and petty so will likely ban the journalists from the club

I think it'll happen. It makes no financial sense for Ashley for it not to. And money is all he cares about. He's a vile, horrible c*** who doesn't give a s**** about anybody, yes, but surely he can't throw this away or it's curtains for getting any sale for north of £300m. An absolute dire day at SJP on Saturday doesn't change that.

From what I've read about Ashley, in the retail/corporate world, he never concedes ground/compromises - it's about winning the deal. He's as pig-headed as they come.

That's what will scupper any sale, if it happens imho. There's a magic figure in his head, and he just won't meet anybody in the middle.

Guest firetotheworks

Is all this negativity in here just because of what fucking Steve Wraith tweeted? [emoji38]

I think it's mainly due to everyone being Newcastle fans, it's just how we are about any prospect of anything good happening isn't it? 395,624 times bitten, 395,625 times shy.

Is all this negativity in here just because of what fucking Steve Wraith tweeted? :lol:

I'm trying my best to stay really positive. No news is good news and all that.

However, the reasoning behind why Rafa said what he said yesterday is starting to play on my mind. It seems quite unnecessary at this stage

:undecided:

Steve Wraith man. What a c***. When the news was all good and flowing, he was posting cryptic s*** and all making people believe he was in the know and good things were about to happen.

Now when there's no news and Rafa seems upset, he suddenly posts all these doom and gloom tweets. Whatever happened to the positive way forward the club was heading that he said before? Absolutely detest the man.

I think it'll happen. It makes no financial sense for Ashley for it not to. And money is all he cares about. He's a vile, horrible c*** who doesn't give a s**** about anybody, yes, but surely he can't throw this away or it's curtains for getting any sale for north of £300m. An absolute dire day at SJP on Saturday doesn't change that.

From what I've read about Ashley, in the retail/corporate world, he never concedes ground/compromises - it's about winning the deal. He's as pig-headed as they come.

That's what will scupper any sale, if it happens imho. There's a magic figure in his head, and he just won't meet anybody in the middle.

That's my feeling on it. When you hear from Benitez that we couldn't compete financially on a level playing field with fellow promoted clubs Huddersfield Town & Brighton, it hits home where we are with him. It boggles the mind, given this fact, that he seems to value the club at £380m!

Staveley and PCP are rightly balking at that figure in my opinion, as the club in it's current state is worth nothing near that! He wants to charge them a premium on what the club may be worth at some point in the future. If he doesn't drop the price, they'll walk away and it's f***ing infuriating. Especially given he'll potentially lose somewhere in the region of £100/150m if we drop again.

If he wants anything close to his figure (his figure exactly he won't get) he has to sell now. If not he'll lose more money. Trying to "win" the deal knowing the odds are stacked against "winning" it and refusing to meet in the middle risking buyers walking makes no financial sense. None whatsoever.

I really do understand the scepticism but Murphy's law getting applied as soon as things go begin to go wrong on the pitch I don't get. We know after the summer we had we'd have days like Saturday. Rafa knew it. Douglas said so on the most recent TF podcast that Rafa knew it and said so off the record, and he tried to reiterate it in the press conference yesterday.

Is all this negativity in here just because of what fucking Steve Wraith tweeted? :lol:

However, the reasoning behind why Rafa said what he said yesterday is starting to play on my mind. It seems quite unnecessary at this stage

Same here, it can only mean bad news as far as I can see. Can't see why he'd bring all this up if the end was near.

Is all this negativity in here just because of what f***ing Steve Wraith tweeted? :lol:

Same here, it can only mean bad news as far as I can see. Can't see why he'd bring all this up if the end was near.

Fans booed on Saturday. He tried to reiterate that due to the summer we had we can't be expecting to comfortably turn over Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley as they've had better transfer windows than us. That's what he meant imo. Reiterating expectations due to the summer.

If he wants anything close to his figure (his figure exactly he won't get) he has to sell now. If not he'll lose more money. Trying to "win" the deal knowing the odds are stacked against "winning" it and refusing to meet in the middle risking buyers walking makes no financial sense. None whatsoever.

I really do understand the scepticism but Murphy's law getting applied as soon as things go begin to go wrong on the pitch I don't get. We know after the summer we had we'd have days like Saturday. Rafa knew it. Douglas said so on the most recent TF podcast that Rafa knew it and said so off the record, and he tried to reiterate it in the press conference yesterday.

Lets be honest, both Ashley and Staveley would have discussed a rough outline of price, terms etc before the public bid. Has Ashley moved the goalposts? He has history.

If not, then you'd think in the 11 (or more) days since the bid that there might have been some movement and an agreement reached. It could just be taking it's time, but I think it's best to expect the worst at this point in time.

Rafa didn't suddenly decide to talk about how "things could get worse in January" because he feels a sale is coming.

If the takeover collapses, it may take another relegation as well as a few years in the championship, to rid ourselves of the cancer that is Ashley. Once he starts losing too much money, he will sell up. He should sell now if he is serious, but make no mistake how much he hates us supporters. He'd happily continue fucking us over, for the sake of a few million quid. :(

Lets be honest, both Ashley and Staveley would have discussed a rough outline of price, terms etc before the public bid. Has Ashley moved the goalposts? He has history.

If not, then you'd think in the 11 (or more) days since the bid that there might have been some movement and an agreement reached. It could just be taking it's time, but I think it's best to expect the worst at this point in time.

Rafa didn't suddenly decide to talk about how "things could get worse in January" because he feels a sale is coming.

No it's not, because I'll feel like utter s**** if I did, imo there's no reason to do so.

He decided to talk about it due to the fans imo. Plus he didn't look as angry as he did post QPR last season or during the summer. If you don't think that and think it's an address to Ashley, we'll agree to disagree on that one.

If the takeover collapses, it may take another relegation as well as a few years in the championship, to rid ourselves of the cancer that is Ashley. Once he starts losing too much money, he will sell up. He should sell now if he is serious, but make no mistake how much he hates us supporters. He'd happily continue fucking us over, for the sake of a few million quid. :(

As fans I think we'll also need to make things as uncomfortable as possible for him. As a fan base we don't have much fight in us tbh but it needs all heads to get together for one purpose.

No it's not, because I'll feel like utter s**** if I did, imo there's no reason to do so.

He decided to talk about it due to the fans imo. Plus he didn't look as angry as he did post QPR last season or during the summer. If you don't think that and think it's an address to Ashley, we'll agree to disagree on that one.

Yep differing opinions is fine. I just cannot cope with the crushing disappointment when/if this comes crashing down so preparing for the worst already, hoping to be pleasantly surprised but not confident at all.