Burnley 1-0 Newcastle United - 30/10/17 - post match whinging from p27

BlueStar

"struggle to attract top players to the north east" (even with investment/takeover) - Gary Neville

Absolute bullshit.  A lot of foreigners love it here and there's lots to love about our area.  England is a small country it's not like we're based in Siberia and guess what? We have a f***ing airport! <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:27.083333333333336% 0%;background-size:4900%" data-codepoints="1f44d"></span></span>

Neville can get f***ed!  I'd expect drivel like that from Pardew or Souness but not him.  Seems like the takeover talk is starting to worry a few.

Neville's been peddling that for a while tbf, not just regarding the north east but the whole north in general in terms of the deterioration of clubs, Manchester and Liverpool aside. It's still utter horseshit like. Shame because he's probably the only half decent pundit on Sky.

Never heard him say owt like that before, i assumed it was an anti-Newcastle agenda for some reason. If he could back it up with a couple of stories from ex team-mates or whatever then fair enough, but i doubt we'll ever get anything like that.

He has done, this was written on 25 September 2015, after we had just suffered an utterly woeful exit out of the League Cup at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday at SJP.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11891430/The-north-is-being-cut-adrift-in-English-football-and-I-fear-the-damage-may-be-permanent.html

while i won't blame Elliot for the goal, i do think that if the keepers were swapped we'd have won that 2-0.

Don't agree at all but their keeper has the highest save percentage fwiw

pope comes for crosses better, & i believe the rebound from elliot that resulted in the goal he would've handled better

TBH I'm not an Elliott hater but tonight his lack of composure and commanding was evident. Don't think he was at fault for the goal but he could have easily caused more than 1. Fortunately, we were fairly solid defensively and ironically it was Lejeune being out of position (and obviously Perez) being weak that cost us in the end.

Lack of quality and poor decision making in the final third was probably equally as costly as the former issues.

Overall, two teams of a similar standard. Both well organised and have players maybe playing at their peak potential with the exclusion of one or two on each side who would maybe fit into better sides.

Burnley to me are a fairly nothing club and are probably somewhat similar to Allardyces Bolton. Except Dyche isn't a douche and fat scam is. I suspect he'll not do as well elsewhere and actually I think he'd be daft to go to Everton or Leicester.

The lack of investment is preventing probably both sides from maybe making a more solid shout for top ten finishes. The league isn't all that strong bar maybe 4 teams.

Merino would have probably been the quality needed to tip the game in our favour tonight.

A win vs Bournemouth when those above us have tough ties and all of a sudden  everything is more than rosie again. We're still headed for comfortable safety and whilst tonight was frustrating we have no cause for concern.

Carragher and Neville seemed to get us fairly right. Both seemed keen to have us taken over too :thup:

"struggle to attract top players to the north east" (even with investment/takeover) - Gary Neville

Absolute bullshit.  A lot of foreigners love it here and there's lots to love about our area.  England is a small country it's not like we're based in Siberia and guess what? We have a f***ing airport! <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:27.083333333333336% 0%;background-size:4900%" data-codepoints="1f44d"></span></span>

Neville can get f***ed!  I'd expect drivel like that from Pardew or Souness but not him.  Seems like the takeover talk is starting to worry a few.

Neville's been peddling that for a while tbf, not just regarding the north east but the whole north in general in terms of the deterioration of clubs, Manchester and Liverpool aside. It's still utter horseshit like. Shame because he's probably the only half decent pundit on Sky.

Never heard him say owt like that before, i assumed it was an anti-Newcastle agenda for some reason. If he could back it up with a couple of stories from ex team-mates or whatever then fair enough, but i doubt we'll ever get anything like that.

He has done, this was written on 25 September 2015, after we had just suffered an utterly woeful exit out of the League Cup at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday at SJP.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11891430/The-north-is-being-cut-adrift-in-English-football-and-I-fear-the-damage-may-be-permanent.html

I actually can't disagree with much he's said there and i remember reading it at the time now ? It seems to have a different feel to it than the crap he's come out with tonight mind.  Certainly in regards to Newcastle anyway.

I actually can't disagree with much he's said there and i remember reading it at the time.  It seems to have a different feel to it than the crap he's come out with tonight mind.  Certainly in regards to Newcastle anyway.

Thought he was ok tbh, said it would be great if someone came in, invested money into us and got us back up to where we were when he was playing. Just the struggle to attract players to this barren, desolate, isolated wasteland that is the North East rhetoric that he came out with was bullshit.

TBH I'm not an Elliott hater but tonight his lack of composure and commanding was evident. Don't think he was at fault for the goal but he could have easily caused more than 1. Fortunately, we were fairly solid defensively and ironically it was Lejeune being out of position (and obviously Perez) being weak that cost us in the end.

Lack of quality and poor decision making in the final third was probably equally as costly as the former issues.

Overall, two teams of a similar standard. Both well organised and have players maybe playing at their peak potential with the exclusion of one or two on each side who would maybe fit into better sides.

Burnley to me are a fairly nothing club and are probably somewhat similar to Allardyces Bolton. Except Dyche isn't a douche and fat scam is. I suspect he'll not do as well elsewhere and actually I think he'd be daft to go to Everton or Leicester.

The lack of investment is preventing probably both sides from maybe making a more solid shout for top ten finishes. The league isn't all that strong bar maybe 4 teams.

Merino would have probably been the quality needed to tip the game in our favour tonight.

A win vs Bournemouth when those above us have tough ties and all of a sudden  everything is more than rosie again. We're still headed for comfortable safety and whilst tonight was frustrating we have no cause for concern.

Carragher and Neville seemed to get us fairly right. Both seemed keen to have us taken over too :thup:

:thup: Spot on. Though I doubt Leicester will get rid of Puel just yet. ;)

I think some people are a bit dismissive of the 'doesn't make clangers' praise given to Elliott as if it's something that all keepers do. Personal choice but I'd rather have someone that does the basics well than someone like Darlow.

while i won't blame Elliot for the goal, i do think that if the keepers were swapped we'd have won that 2-0.

pope comes for crosses better, & i believe the rebound from elliot that resulted in the goal he would've handled better

Pope loves crosses I should imagine.

Nailed on

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

And Dracula shits in the woods...  :undecided:

Nailed on

Very good

Nailed on

:lol:

The Palace game to this. Two of the worst games I have seen in a long time. I guess Burnley fans will feel like we did last weekend. Horrendous game of football, made better after sneaking an undeserved 1-0 win with a late goal.

Sky will surely stop picking us soon? We have served up some brutally shit performances so far.

The Palace game to this. Two of the worst games I have seen in a long time. I guess Burnley fans will feel like we did last weekend. Horrendous game of football, made better after sneaking an undeserved 1-0 win with a late goal.

Sky will surely stop picking us soon? We have served up some brutally shit performances so far.

You have a very short memory of that is the case.

People have already forgotten how bad it was under Pardew etc.

Guest firetotheworks

Short memories is exactly how I'd put it, like. The shit served up by Pardew and McLaren was worthless, structureless desperation. What we play now doesn't always work, but that it does at all considering the players we have, particularly up front, is testament to Rafa.

Guest neesy111

While Rafa has certainly made St James' Park a fortress with only 1 defeat, our away form hasn't showed much improvement in the PL.

[emoji38] Elliot’s fault for the goal, again, shock.

The next goal we concede could be a penalty (not conceded by him) hit at 70 mph straight into the top corner and there's 3 or 4 lunatics on here who would point the finger of blame squarely at his feet.

He wouldn't see the blame then.

I thought we played a decent controlled game last night but maybe lost control for 10 mins which eventually hurt us.  I'm really not sure what people expect when we have very little cutting edge.  I think with what we have and Rafa has to work with, we are doing well.

I thought we played a decent controlled game last night but maybe lost control for 10 mins which eventually hurt us.  I'm really not sure what people expect when we have very little cutting edge.  I think with what we have and Rafa has to work with, we are doing well.

Spot on, but there is a reluctance from some to accept this.