FA Cup 2017/18 - 4th round draw: Chelsea (a) - on BT @ 1:30pm 28/01/18

Disco

s**** just heard about the f***ing rail carry on tomorrow, does anyone know if this is gonna f*** things up real bad?

If you're travelling by train to games against Luton Town on Saturday and Swansea City on Saturday week, be aware of scheduled engineering work at Newcastle Central station - with track renewal resulting in significant alterations to services:

Virgin Trains East Coast: services will be diverted, extending journey times of Northbound services by 15 minutes.

Services from Edinburgh will run 15 minutes earlier than normal but then as scheduled from Newcastle.

CrossCountry: services to / from Scotland that call at Newcastle will be extended by a few minutes. Services between Southampton Central / Reading and Newcastle will start and terminate at Durham.

TransPennine: most services between Liverpool Lime Street / Manchester Airport and Newcastle won't run between York and Newcastle, meaning a greatly reduced service to and from Thirsk, Northallerton, Darlington, Durham and Chester-le-Street.

Replacement coaches will operate between Newcastle and Durham via Chester-le-Street.

NB: The engineering work runs for a continuous nine day period, with significant timetable alterations from January 6th to 14th inclusive. If you're planning on taking a train during that time then check first.

Ah class where did you get that from? The thing I read was incredibly vague.

Look where it says "Quote from". :thup:

I'm on Tapatalk man, can can't see that but cheers anyways :thup:

Ah, sorry mate, nufc.com.

s**** just heard about the f***ing rail carry on tomorrow, does anyone know if this is gonna f*** things up real bad?

If you're travelling by train to games against Luton Town on Saturday and Swansea City on Saturday week, be aware of scheduled engineering work at Newcastle Central station - with track renewal resulting in significant alterations to services:

Virgin Trains East Coast: services will be diverted, extending journey times of Northbound services by 15 minutes.

Services from Edinburgh will run 15 minutes earlier than normal but then as scheduled from Newcastle.

CrossCountry: services to / from Scotland that call at Newcastle will be extended by a few minutes. Services between Southampton Central / Reading and Newcastle will start and terminate at Durham.

TransPennine: most services between Liverpool Lime Street / Manchester Airport and Newcastle won't run between York and Newcastle, meaning a greatly reduced service to and from Thirsk, Northallerton, Darlington, Durham and Chester-le-Street.

Replacement coaches will operate between Newcastle and Durham via Chester-le-Street.

NB: The engineering work runs for a continuous nine day period, with significant timetable alterations from January 6th to 14th inclusive. If you're planning on taking a train during that time then check first.

Ah class where did you get that from? The thing I read was incredibly vague.

Look where it says "Quote from". :thup:

I'm on Tapatalk man, can can't see that but cheers anyways :thup:

Ah, sorry mate, nufc.com.

Not at all thanks

45k for a 3rd round tie against a League 2 side :lol:

Obviously the figures are helped by their fantastic turn out but that is still very impressive.

I’d expect another 1k or 2k on top of that tomorrow too.

£10 & £5 to see any sort of football these days. Can't even see a National League game for that let alone a Premier League team. Just looked at Blyth's prices for a league game and it's £10 and £5 so I think they've done well. Brilliant prices.

£15 in to see Darlo I think? I know I looked into going to a 'Heed match but was put off by the £20 adult price. Football prices at all levels have become an outright disgrace in this country!

Guest Howaythetoon

Some lower league clubs' prices are ridiculous given the level. Gateshead should be a 8 quid adults, 5 quid kids, they'd get many more through the door. Sadly for many clubs the operating costs are huge these days.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve been telling the boys that today Newcastle are playing in the FA Cup which we’ve won 6 times and they said so,will we win a 7th Cup today... bless them. They’ve worked me the last few days so a bit of payback is the order of the day, a lifetime of disappointment awaits them when it comes to us and Cups.

I’ve been telling the boys that today Newcastle are playing in the FA Cup which we’ve won 6 times and they said so,will we win a 7th Cup today... bless them. They’ve worked me the last few days so a bit of payback is the order of the day, a lifetime of disappointment awaits them when it comes to us and Cups.

It has to be passed on, make sure you get them hooked before they find out what glory hunting is.

Guest Howaythetoon

My oldest is 5 and the other 4. They went to the Vittesse home friendly a few seasons back, but it passed them by. My oldest has been to a Heed game last year which he enjoyed and now they both play football and seemingly have an interest in it without me pushing them so I’m hoping they enjoy today and don’t get too hooked :D

Guest neesy111

This could be very tricky because Luton are used to winning and will come with a lot of confidence.

Should still win of course, but we'll need to be patient.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT right now is the best time to get em hooked for years and years. For all the anxiety of the takeover, it'll happen in the coming 12 months and it's a new chapter with a great manager.

I’d love for them to get into football proper, but not gonna push them and it will be hard for me to keep taking them due to work if they do get hooked. I’m excited today though, it’s every dad’s dream to take their kids to the match, especially the FA Cup.