FA Cup 2017/18 - 4th round draw: Chelsea (a) - on BT @ 1:30pm 28/01/18

Disco

7200 Luton coming up  O0

When did we last have that many away fans at SJP? I know Leeds brought a fair few in the League Cup but I'm sure it wasn't that many? L7 must be open to host them!

Leeds brought 6K I think and Man City had 6K in the FA Cup around about 2001 when the game kicked off at 6 or 7 on a sunday night.

Man United FA Cup 1990 had about 7K, whole Leazes End and 2/3's of the East Stand.

You sure they had 2/3s of the East Stand?! I used to sit with my Da then in the East Stand paddocks and I can only recall them have a small area near the Leazes?!

Positive.

I was opposite in the Milburn and my mate whose seat in the east stand is bang on halfway had to move towards the gallowgate.

Positive.

I was opposite in the Milburn and my mate whose seat in the east stand is bang on halfway had to move towards the gallowgate.

We had season tickets front row just outside the Gallowgate pen box (my Da is still there!) and I can’t recall them lot being close tbh!

7200 Luton coming up  O0

When did we last have that many away fans at SJP? I know Leeds brought a fair few in the League Cup but I'm sure it wasn't that many? L7 must be open to host them!

f***ing hell. I didn't know there was that many football fans in Luton.

Probably isn’t, Be all day trippers and people that support other London clubs coming for the big day out. Can’t be arsed following them normally though.

Really annoys me this sort of thing

Luton have got decent support but yeah there'll be a lot of part timers heading up, and probably a larger than average knobhead element.

Tommy Robinson and his merry band of patriots will be. Hopefully Diamé scorers the winner off his qu'ran.

7200 Luton coming up  O0

f***ing hell. I didn't know there was that many football fans in Luton.

Probably isn’t, Be all day trippers and people that support other London clubs coming for the big day out. Can’t be arsed following them normally though.

Really annoys me this sort of thing

Always a big day out for supporters of little clubs in the FA Cup.

Even Sunderland are taking 5,000 to Boro. There are going to be a deluge of "our fans" threads on RTG  :lol:

Surprised how many first team players people are predicting will play. I assumed the cup is about as low down our priority list as it’s possible to get - I’d expect a team a bit like Oxford last season, third team players and kids.

Happy to be proven wrong of course.

Surprised how many first team players people are predicting will play. I assumed the cup is about as low down our priority list as it’s possible to get - I’d expect a team a bit like Oxford last season, third team players and kids.

We have a week gap after. The Oxford game we had a game on the Weds after. We also haven't played as many games as last season.

Even with a weakened team we should be well capable of winning this. It'll be a tough match regardless, though.

Gamez, Aarons, Mbemba, Saivet, and possibly even the likes of Merino and Hayden.

I wouldn't at all be shocked if we draw or lose.

Positive.

We had season tickets front row just outside the Gallowgate pen box (my Da is still there!) and I can’t recall them lot being close tbh!

They were upstairs only, remember there were executive boxes in the lower bit back then as well.

That's why I haven't made my mind up whether to go or not yet.

one look at the team sheet from Oxford last year yesterday had me a quiver!!

Would go:

------------------Darlow------------------

Sterry---Mbemba---Dummett---Gamez

-----------Hayden---Saivet--------------

Murphy---------Merino-----------Aarons

------------------Perez-------------------

That should be strong enough to see them off. Definitely shouldn't underestimate them, can see them scoring in the game for sure. 3-1 Toon.

7200 Luton coming up  O0

Leeds brought 6K I think and Man City had 6K in the FA Cup around about 2001 when the game kicked off at 6 or 7 on a sunday night.

Man United FA Cup 1990 had about 7K, whole Leazes End and 2/3's of the East Stand.

You sure they had 2/3s of the East Stand?! I used to sit with my Da then in the East Stand paddocks and I can only recall them have a small area near the Leazes?!

Yeah they did my seat Mid East Stand was moved towards the Gallowgate end.

Disgusting that supporters of little Luton Town in League Two should enjoy their day out at a Premier League ground.

They should only be allowed in if they’ve been to every game this season.

The 381 fans they took to Gateshead were more indicitave  of their real support so while they're  entitled to enjoy their day out, I for one won't  be in awe of their 'magnificent' support this weekend.

Disgusting that supporters of little Luton Town in League Two should enjoy their day out at a Premier League ground.

They should only be allowed in if they’ve been to every game this season.

The 381 fans they took to Gateshead were more indicitave  of their real support so while they're  entitled to enjoy their day out, I for one won't  be in awe of their 'magnificent' support this weekend.

Well put.

The 7,000 can enjoy their big day out but it's those 381 who deserve a pat on the back.