FA Cup 2017/18 - 4th round draw: Chelsea (a) - on BT @ 1:30pm 28/01/18

Disco

I assume the tradition of only televising a few games will continue? Here's a novel idea to increase interest in the FA Cup -- let people actually watch it.

FA Cup attendances are s****, imagine how much worse they'd be?

Conversely, you could quite easily argue that televising every single game (at least from R3 onwards) and trying to create a modern day spectacle out of it could ultimately increase attendances. Instead it just carries on like it's 1974 and people moan about the fact it's not as special as it once was.

There are usually 5 live games in the third round, so I'd imagine:

Liverpool V Everton

Brighton v Palace

Man United v Derby

Spurs v AFC Wimbledon

Aston Villa v Working (if they get through)

Feel happy with it until I remember we'll put out a woeful side and will at best get a draw before shamefully losing the replay. But I'm happy it's a home tie so now I can go to it...tickets will hopefully be not too expensive.

Aarons will play, Darlow, Mitro (?), Gamez, Haidara? I'd like to put a strong team out and just try and have a go. There's no fun in our existence any more, the Forest tie in the LC confirmed that. Might as well just try and have a bloody go.

Liverpool V Everton

Brighton v Palace

Man United v Derby

Spurs v AFC Wimbledon

For once please don't waste time by showing Man U

I was at the home game v Luton 20 odd years ago - Tony Thorpe scored a belter from 30 yards. Watched the replay in the SU at Uni - everyone else shouting for Luton. :-( :-D

It’s a good draw - might try and take the g/f and bairn. No way it will be on tv. BBC/BT got to make sure Man United are on. :-(

Rob Lee will be stoked, mind - as will his lads. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liverpool V Everton

Brighton v Palace

Man United v Derby

Spurs v AFC Wimbledon

For once please don't waste time by showing Man U

It'll be the teatime Saturday match.

Liverpool V Everton

Brighton v Palace

Man United v Derby

Spurs v AFC Wimbledon

I reckon norwich v Chelsea has a good chance of being on too

Hope we have a good pricing structure, something like £10 adults and £5/£3 concessions and get a decent crowd. 36,000+. Something like the Preston cup crowd last year would be fantastic.

Can't wait to see a load of teenagers shitting and pissing in the stands.

Hope we have a good pricing structure, something like £10 adults and £5/£3 concessions and get a decent crowd. 36,000+. Something like the Preston cup crowd last year would be fantastic.

:lol:

Aren't Luton kinda good this season, like scoring 7 in a game 3 times already? They put 5 past Heed too. They'll enjoy if we have Lejeune and Manquillo in our defence for the game.

f***ing hated it when we lost to them back in 94. Was 1 of my first memories in football and we were on the wrong end of an upset. Pretty sure Andy Cole was sold later in the same month too.

Aren't Luton kinda good this season, like scoring 7 in a game 3 times already? They put 5 past Heed too. They'll enjoy if we have Lejeune and Manquillo in our defence for the game.

f***ing hated it when we lost to them back in 94. Was 1 of my first memories in football and we were on the wrong end of an upset. Pretty sure Andy Cole was sold later in the same month too.

They've scored 48 goals in 20 league games and are top of league 2.

He was sold the season after.