Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester City - 27/12/17 - Post-match reaction from pg.26

Kaizero

There are differences between actually trying to do something productive when you have the ball and "going gung-ho" like. The way we started we'd get a draw maybe once in 20 games. Tbh I think Rafa is more concerned by Brighton at the weekend, which is probably smart

My only complaint is the lack of tackles, only Diame has put any tackles in. Lets have a cruncher so i can stay awake.

Our composure on the ball has been awful too. I don't have any issue with our tactics but when we're on the ball we cannot panic like we have been. Hopefully Merino for Diame at some point improves it a bit.

Because of Ashley, we are involved in a gunfight and all we have is a peashooter to attack. I can see why Benitez has done what he has, but we must have a go 2nd half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not until very late on IMO. Maybe attack on about 80 minutes if we have a chance.

Why is Neville being such a cunt?

Nothing he’s saying makes any sense.

Needs someone to beat Man City so Man Utd can catch up a bit. Fucking idiiot, does he even watch his own team play anti football and then have them moan £300m isn't enough to spend.

If we had £300m we certainly wouldn't be playing like we are.

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a s*** team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

If they removed Goal Difference from football than sure. The league rewards damage limitation though.

I considered myself a fan of his until recently but Shelvey has been rubbish this season. Contributed nothing. 

He’s been the only player with speed of thought to get a pass off today. Very strange timing, this comment.

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a s*** team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

Totally agree can’t see why others can’t see this

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a shit team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

Fuck off would you rather us lose 10-0 trying. That could send us down.

Guest neesy111

I considered myself a fan of his until recently but Shelvey has been rubbish this season. Contributed nothing. 

He’s been the only player with speed of thought to get a pass off today. Very strange timing, this comment.

Wrong.

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a shit team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

The plan is to stay in the game, keep it tight and take a rare opportunity. To say we're not trying is absolutely crazy.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm embarrassed by this post tbh.

Rafa set up to nulify them and maybe have an effort or two on the break, the longer that worked the more they would drop off, do you think they would have coped better "having a go" from the off?

It was a scuff for the goal which should never have got past the keeper.