Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester City - 27/12/17 - Post-match reaction from pg.26

Kaizero

I considered myself a fan of his until recently but Shelvey has been rubbish this season. Contributed nothing. 

He’s been the only player with speed of thought to get a pass off today. Very strange timing, this comment.

Wrong.

Lush post.

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a s*** team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

Totally agree can’t see why others can’t see this

If it was 0-0 at half time would you still be saying this? Rafa obviously had a plan, unfortunately it didn't work. Let's see what the 2nd half brings.

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a s*** team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

The plan is to stay in the game, keep it tight and take a rare opportunity. To say we're not trying is absolutely crazy.

This.

I considered myself a fan of his until recently but Shelvey has been rubbish this season. Contributed nothing. 

He’s been the only player with speed of thought to get a pass off today. Very strange timing, this comment.

Wrong.

He's not though.

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a shit team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

Fuck off would you rather us lose 10-0 trying. That could send us down.

Losing 10-0 would do wonders for the brittle confidence of this squad. :thup:

Atmosphere is stinking at the game. FIFA has fucked people's knowledge of the game..

Ridiculous to expect fans to create an atmosphere watching that. I think they've actually been good. Any time we've got the ball or pressed, the fans have got involved

Guest reefatoon

Totally agree.

Carragher can fuck off as well, scouse prat.

Making a broader point about the league tbh, don't find much wrong with it.

I know, i just wanted his scouse face to just fuck off, i've got the sound off so i've no idea what the snotrag is going on about.

Guest Howaythetoon

f*** off would you rather us lose 10-0 trying. That could send us down.

Fuck off, I would, because to me playing football is about competing. I can accept any loss by any margin if we try, but we have not tried at all. It was embarrassing, a non league side wouldn’t sit 11 men behind the ball and literally have a handful of touches on the ball. We are Newcastle United at home and we should never ever play this way regardless of who we are playing or how shit we are. They are a great team, but they are not 11 tucking superman’s. We are basically forefeiting the game and that’s not on. And before anyone starts I accept how great they are, how shit they are and there is no one as big a fan of Rafa as me, but I will never accept this. This isn’t football, this is fucking surrender. What was the flag the other week, Newcastle United will never be defeated? Ha, fucking mockery of that particular banner.

Considering the squad we have got and the team that Man City have got, I think we are doing pretty bloody well to only be 1 goal down here.

It’s not pretty at all but I do think we could nick something. Aarons almost scored but for a great bit of defending. Believe!

Guest Howaythetoon

The plan is to stay in the game, keep it tight and take a rare opportunity. To say we're not trying is absolutely crazy.

This.

From what I’m watching that’s not the plan, that’s the hope. The plan is to concede as few as possible and get the game out of the way ready for Brighton.

Rafa was trying the rope a dope didn't work now let's see what happens but I don't see the point of going radge then getting beat 8-0. Also Carragher saying the league is becoming embarrassing due to teams defending against the top 6. Well when you have teams spending £75 million on a centre half that is playing in a struggling Southampton team and managers are just one loss from the sack what are you supposed to do. Sky sports need to have a look at themselves and see what they have done to this league.

How is it embarrassing to be 1-0 down at half time? This is against a team that scores goals for fun, imagine the embarrassment if we lost 10-0, how much damage would that do mentally to the team, how much damage would that do to our goal difference? We don't have a team that can play attacking football against this lot, the best we can hope for currently is try to stop them scoring and possibly nick a counter if the chance arises. Calling for some weird ass plan of just throwing caution to the wind is plain mental  ???