Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester City - 27/12/17 - Post-match reaction from pg.26

Kaizero

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a s*** team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

The plan is to stay in the game, keep it tight and take a rare opportunity. To say we're not trying is absolutely crazy.

This.

So the best way is let them just encamp in your half creating chance after chance. They could have scored five or six that half. If you give quality teams time and space they will tear you apart we’re not even in their face when they have the ball.

If we can get to the end of the game and we haven't conceded a silly amount rafa can say to the defenders that'll be the toughest it'll be all season and you can keep clean sheets everywhere else. Requires them to not score loads now but that is the only positive left beyond the very unlikely chance we equalise.

I’d rather we not be in such a way that we can’t even compete with the top teams. No one wants to see their team play this way, but I have to base my perspective on the circumstances we’re in, and therefore I understand our tactics.

If we can play this way and keep it 1-0 until the latter stages then we could have a go at taking something. We will absolutely lose “going for it”, and I’d actually rather not lose 10-0 just so we can say we went for it.

Atmosphere is stinking at the game. FIFA has fucked people's knowledge of the game..

Ridiculous to expect fans to create an atmosphere watching that. I think they've actually been good. Any time we've got the ball or pressed, the fans have got involved

I didn't mean it was a bad atmosphere more of an angry, expecting us to be 'having a go' atmosphere..

Playing football means many things. Defending against a vastly superior team is completely valid, what else can teams do when they have much worse players than the opposition?

We’ve done fine so far, just undone by a great pass.

I wouldn’t change anything until about 75 minutes, then maybe try to attack a bit more.

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a s*** team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

The plan is to stay in the game, keep it tight and take a rare opportunity. To say we're not trying is absolutely crazy.

This.

So the best way is let them just encamp in your half creating chance after chance. They could have scored five or six that half. If you give quality teams time and space they will tear you apart we’re not even in their face when they have the ball.

That's the part that's making it look so much worse.

f*** off would you rather us lose 10-0 trying. That could send us down.

Fuck off, I would, because to me playing football is about competing. I can accept any loss by any margin if we try, but we have not tried at all. It was embarrassing, a non league side wouldn’t sit 11 men behind the ball and literally have a handful of touches on the ball. We are Newcastle United at home and we should never ever play this way regardless of who we are playing or how shit we are. They are a great team, but they are not 11 tucking superman’s. We are basically forefeiting the game and that’s not on. And before anyone starts I accept how great they are, how shit they are and there is no one as big a fan of Rafa as me, but I will never accept this. This isn’t football, this is fucking surrender. What was the flag the other week, Newcastle United will never be defeated? Ha, fucking mockery of that particular banner.

Amen to this its absolutely disgraceful we are treating this as if we are some 6th or 7th tier team in the FA Cup. Its absolutely fucking embarrassing to see 2 teams in the same division such poles apart. I don't give a shit if we get well beat as long as we try give it a go. This just highlights everything that is wrong with modern football

I see we were 12/1 to win this tonight and that is disgraceful for a team in the same division at home tbh, it just shows the huge disparity between 6 teams in this league and the rest, its becoming fucking farcical to be honest

Losing 10-0 would do wonders for the brittle confidence of this squad. :thup:

It might but the crowd would go home buzzing.

f*** off, I would, because to me playing football is about competing. I can accept any loss by any margin if we try, but we have not tried at all. It was embarrassing, a non league side wouldn’t sit 11 men behind the ball and literally have a handful of touches on the ball. We are Newcastle United at home and we should never ever play this way regardless of who we are playing or how s*** we are. They are a great team, but they are not 11 tucking superman’s. We are basically forefeiting the game and that’s not on. And before anyone starts I accept how great they are, how s*** they are and there is no one as big a fan of Rafa as me, but I will never accept this. This isn’t football, this is f***ing surrender. What was the flag the other week, Newcastle United will never be defeated? Ha, f***ing mockery of that particular banner.

Maybe you've had too much Christmas cheer, the way the league is going and how tight it is coupled with our limited resources under big Mike GD is going to be important. We're 1-0 down at half time to a team who has humped almost everyone after spending eleventy billion pound. Always thought you were a sensible poster but you're wide of the mark here imo.

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a shit team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

I'd rather everyone queue on the line then lose 10-0 like :lol:

Holy f***ing jesus 80% posession how is that even possible? Is our keeper just throwing it immediately straight back?

Blob's distribution has actually been decent. It would be up around 90% if they hadn't scored

Is that because we got to take a kick off :lol:

Would those complaining be upset had Aarons effort travelled another foot?

And before answering 'we only started playing after they scored', that's the whole point. Keep it tight, keep it where a single goal could make the difference and don't get battered. Wait for an opportunity.

Holy fucking jesus 80% posession how is that even possible? Is our keeper just throwing it immediately straight back?

The Finnish commentator just said that the last time someone had that much posession was in 2012 (Man City). Though I assume that's for the full 90mins so no worries. Yet.

This was the right way to setup. They would be 4-0 up if we just went for it. Better to stay in it and keep score down. Face up to the fact we are s*** and they are ridiculous at this point in time

The only reason they are not four nil up is due to a brilliant safe, the post twice and some poor finishing nothing at all to do with the team was set up

This.

I think the point is that they didn't score five or six... we limited them to just the one, and that was from Sterling being reasonably fortunate.

Fuck off, I would, because to me playing football is about competing. I can accept any loss by any margin if we try, but we have not tried at all. It was embarrassing, a non league side wouldn’t sit 11 men behind the ball and literally have a handful of touches on the ball. We are Newcastle United at home and we should never ever play this way regardless of who we are playing or how shit we are. They are a great team, but they are not 11 tucking superman’s. We are basically forefeiting the game and that’s not on. And before anyone starts I accept how great they are, how shit they are and there is no one as big a fan of Rafa as me, but I will never accept this. This isn’t football, this is fucking surrender. What was the flag the other week, Newcastle United will never be defeated? Ha, fucking mockery of that particular banner.

Your spot on. Teams already bottling facing City before they have even tried. This game does not define our season.  Benitez should have told them nothing hinders on this result and to go and show what they can do.

Fucking embarrassing from the guy.