Newcastle United v Brighton & Hove Albion - 30/12/2017 @ 15.00

Robster

Interested to see if we go 5 at the back again as they'll definitely be 4 at the back.

I wouldn't mind us sticking with the back 5 from last game with Ritchie, Gayle and Atsu replacing Aarons and Murphy and Joselu

There is no need to play a flat back 5 against a Brighton team have managed 5 goals away from home this season.

So desperately need to win this. Win and we go in to our next two league games with tails up. Lose this and it could be start of something very grim. Hoping for minimum of 7 points out of next 9. Give us a bit of breathing room from the drop zone and time for new recruits to be brought in.

Agree - have to win this and 7 out of 9 is needed.

7 out of 9 is wanted not needed imo. Offer me 6 and I’d snap your hand off. 5 is the minimum I’d say!

Like I've said previously today is big for us to level with Brighton and make our battle with them a 0 point deficit that's why I see it a must win. If worst came to worst we've already beat Stoke and Swansea so taking draws vs both them and we'd be doing better on a team vs team basis. That's why we must beat Huddersfield too. It's not as Black and White as that for obvious reasons but taking points of those around us will ensure our safety imo.

Anyone expect anything different to this come 2pm?

Darlow

Yedlin              Lascelles              Clark              Dummett

Ritchie              Hayden                Merino            Atsu

Gayle                    Joselu

Darlow

Proabably Manquillo at left back

Like I've said previously today is big for us to level with Brighton and make our battle with them a 0 point deficit that's why I see it a must win. If worst came to worst we've already beat Stoke and Swansea so taking draws vs both them and we'd be doing better on a team vs team basis. That's why we must beat Huddersfield too. It's not as Black and White as that for obvious reasons but taking points of those around us will ensure our safety imo.

I think this must win business is a dangerous attitude. We could draw this one and win the next two and we might still end up making up the 3 points and more on Brighton. The season isn't decided by one game. Obviously we have to go all out and TRY to win it, but it's not win or bust.

Darlow

Proabably Manquillo at left back

Hayden an injury doubt