Stoke City 0-1 Newcastle United- 01/01/18 - Post-match reaction from page 29

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye f*** off all you miserable c***s. Apology accepted.

Do f*** off the pair of you, and I say that with the utmost respect. No time for gloating or told you sos, let’s just enjoy a rare and vital win. Doubt anyone is unhappy today like.

Sorry like. But when you call for a manager of Rafa’s calibre to be replaced, expect to be called on your bullshit on multiple occasions.

Anyone who knows me on here knows I’m prone to saying what I feel or being up and down emotions wise. What can I say I’m passionate person and anyway it was more of a hypothetical thing than me actually wanting Rafa out. So I’ll say the same to you and leave it at that...

Actually just read back, bringing in a CB directly to replace Clark? Nah. I mean we could do with a replacement but it's hardly a priority, we're very solid with him and Lascelles in despite his shortcomings.

That's what I was getting at :thup:

We do need to upgrade Clark badly.  Sure he's keeping it tight, but his limitation on the ball is one of our biggest issues.  With him and Lascelles at the back we are never comfortably retaining possession nor are we playing out quickly and decisively.  So, he's gotta go asap if we want to really improve.

Same goes for the fullbacks.

Aye, but not as a priority. We need a #10 and a #9 first. CM wouldn't go amiss either.

Hughes is an odd one, mediocre record, jumped club way too much for a while, seems to have settled for mediocrity at a Stoke team that only seem to pretend to ever have any ambition and has just done poor to ok at best and kept his job. In some ways managers should be given the patience and time that he has, and I'm sure he does have qualities as a manager but his career seems one long shrug to me.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hughes is an odd one, mediocre record, jumped club way too much for a while, seems to have settled for mediocrity at a Stoke team that only seem to pretend to ever have any ambition and has just done poor to ok at best and kept his job. In some ways managers should be given the patience and time that he has, and I'm sure he does have qualities as a manager but his career seems one long shrug to me.

Nah he’s shit and it’s catching up with him. If stoke do get rid, who could they get to replace him that’s the thing?

Actually just read back, bringing in a CB directly to replace Clark? Nah. I mean we could do with a replacement but it's hardly a priority, we're very solid with him and Lascelles in despite his shortcomings.

That's what I was getting at :thup:

We do need to upgrade Clark badly.  Sure he's keeping it tight, but his limitation on the ball is one of our biggest issues.  With him and Lascelles at the back we are never comfortably retaining possession nor are we playing out quickly and decisively.  So, he's gotta go asap if we want to really improve.

Same goes for the fullbacks.

Aye, but not as a priority. We need a #10 and a #9 first. CM wouldn't go amiss either.

There are a good five or six players that I would replace ahead of Clark without even having to think about it.

Aye f*** off all you miserable c***s. Apology accepted.

Do f*** off the pair of you, and I say that with the utmost respect. No time for gloating or told you sos, let’s just enjoy a rare and vital win. Doubt anyone is unhappy today like.

Sorry like. But when you call for a manager of Rafa’s calibre to be replaced, expect to be called on your bullshit on multiple occasions.

Anyone who knows me on here knows I’m prone to saying what I feel or being up and down emotions wise. What can I say I’m passionate person and anyway it was more of a hypothetical thing than me actually wanting Rafa out. So I’ll say the same to you and leave it at that...

Fair enough, I didn’t mean anything personal by it, apologies if it came across that way. I feel passionately that Rafa is the best we can do right now by quite some distance.

Atsu - should have scored but also looks tired and should really be playing out wide and not in the middle.. he’s one of the shortest players in the league.. expecting him to be winning headers is retarded.

PFM in the making. Urgh.

I wasn't dismayed nor overly enthralled with today's lineup: I would have played Perez behind a striker with Atsu and Murphy either side, and I'm no fan of Shelvey but nobody has really staked a claim for either of those central midfield positions. The important thing is that we won, and as others have suggested, after the game against West Ham and two imperfect, fairly stolid, but still solid performances against Manchester City and Brighton, it does feel now as though we've turned the corner following a poor couple of months. We're right back in the pack and should have regained a bit of confidence.

I do think that after Lascelles, Perez should be one of the first names on the teamsheet, and that Murphy is really adding pace and directness which, complemented by Atsu, makes us much more difficult to defend against. Again I'd want a combative central midfielder and a striker to add to that, and then we can look at the other positions like the number 10 role and left-back.

Did his knees ever explode like a firecracker going off in a Christmas ham?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/690/299/804.gif

Nah he’s shit and it’s catching up with him. If stoke do get rid, who could they get to replace him that’s the thing?

Bruce, Pearson, Warnock, McClaren, someone else from the PFM shit carousel