Newcastle United 1 - 1 Swansea City - 13/01/18 - Post-match reaction from pg16

Dave

Poor second half. Darlow nearly gave the point away at the end there. Other than that, lacking quality across the board. We started the season well partly thanks to good set pieces, but they've totally gone to pot.

Guest reefatoon

Can we play the rest of the season away please. We don’t have the stones to play at home with our overly cautious shite. We are absolute dick at home. Every game is the same, let’s go out to not get beat. Wish for just one game we would properly go for it. Even in the first half when we had a few chance, they still had more of the possession. Totally unacceptable at home against the shortest team in the league.

Guest firetotheworks

Really, really pissed off with our approach to this match. Completely unacceptable.

No different to most of our home games this season.

Swansea are the worst team in the league, there's a big difference.

Shit result. Just a shit time to be a fan of this club, it's pretty grim. Perez scores that chance in the first half and we could be talking about a win.

Rafa knows that points like Brighton and today will add up come the end of the season. If we survive it will not be by much.

Basically had Gayle not been a total donkey we'd have walked that game.

I don't think you can depend on one player to score goals. When he's not playing it's still the same story. Ritchie, Shelvey and Atsu need to be chipping in with more as well.

Dont get the subs. And its happening most games.

The game was crying out for pace and Murphy to offer that, the subs always seem to take forever, most of the time I dont agree with the switches Rafa makes or players he persists with.

Its there to see though if Ashley was watching, we are simply a poor side with very average players.

The more I see him the more Clark just completely does my head in. Just not cut out for this level.

The less said about Diame the better. Two points dropped without doubt.

I thought Diame along with maybe Perez were our best players tbh :lol:

I can accept the result, but the way that we somehow thought that 1-1 at home to Swansea was an okay result and didn't fully go for it after equalising is genuinely pitiful and unacceptable from any Newcastle team.

Agree. There was like 25mins left when we equalised ffs.

Guest reefatoon

Well at least we got another point and the results look bad, but silver lining is Brighton and Huddersfield being dragged into the mess. Obviously we should be winning those. Had the chances this time to win it too.

No silver lining at all drawing against this dross at home.

The more I see him the more Clark just completely does my head in. Just not cut out for this level.

Thought Diame played fine tbh, broke the play up quite well.

Not impressed with Rafa's subs there; seemed to me like he was happy with a draw. Pretty shocking not making the final sub.

Should definitely have brought Murphy on like. Playing with confidence and in good form yet leaves him on the bench when we need a goal to win it, pretty baffling that.

Very strange one.

Really, really p*ssed off with our approach to this match. Completely unacceptable.

Not sure it’s even the approach, it’s the confidence. This counter attacking approach can work (West Ham at home) but we look too nervous to complete a pass if we’re not a goal up after 20 minutes at home.

I thought Diame along with maybe Perez were our best players tbh :lol:

Aye. Diame was decent again. He should have went off for Merino like imo.