Newcastle United 1 - 1 Swansea City - 13/01/18 - Post-match reaction from pg16

Dave

The more I see him the more Clark just completely does my head in. Just not cut out for this level.

The less said about Diame the better. Two points dropped without doubt.

I thought Diame along with maybe Perez were our best players tbh :lol:

Aye. Diame was decent again. He should have went off for Merino like imo.

Aye probably. His technique is never consistent but when he get tired it really gets bad. Was still winning the ball a lot late on mind

Guest firetotheworks

I can accept the result, but the way that we somehow thought that 1-1 at home to Swansea was an okay result and didn't fully go for it after equalising is genuinely pitiful and unacceptable from any Newcastle team.

Agree. There was like 25mins left when we equalised ffs.

I just can't get my head around it. Our next three matches are Man City (a), Burnley (h), and Crystal Palace (a). It was by far the biggest game of the season and they're thinking 'we're there' at 1-1, I'm embarrassed for them.

I'm trying my best to be positive about our chances of safety and the future in general but i'm on the verge of cracking.

Minimum enjoyment on the pitch and in the absence of any news, no reason to be optimistic off it.

My sanity needs this takeover to happen soon.

Swansea are absolutely shit by the way. No particular way of playing, squad full of championship fodder, championship manager. Absolutely rubbish.

This game reminded me of the Villa at home game the season we went down. Chances to win it but just lacking in quality.

Gayle's chances are no where near as good as is being made out like :lol: He probably should have scored, aye.

It's boring as fuck when this happens with a forward. Basically every time he misses a chance the pitchforks are out.

The fact that he should have scored is all that matters, isn't it? The whole team has been guilty of wasting chances all season, with Gayle top of the pile.

It was infuriating the number of times our players would just lump the ball forward Peter Kay 'Have it' style to absolutely no-one.

Doesn't help when the crowd shit their pants at the players when they're looking for the ball.

Poor second half. Darlow nearly gave the point away at the end there. Other than that, lacking quality across the board. We started the season well partly thanks to good set pieces, but they've totally gone to pot.

Did I miss something?  Or are you on about when Dummett got destroyed by Bony and then Darlow came rushing out to stop the 1 on 1?  Would have been pretty difficult to secure the ball, going at full pace, going up against an opposition player FFS :lol:

Apologies if you are referring to something else.  But I hardly see that incident as him nearly costing us the game.

Swansea are absolutely shit by the way. No particular way of playing, squad full of championship fodder, championship manager. Absolutely rubbish.

This game reminded me of the Villa at home game the season we went down. Chances to win it but just lacking in quality.

The amount of stray passes from them was hideous. Imagine not being able to beat them.

It was infuriating the number of times our players would just lump the ball forward Peter Kay 'Have it' style to absolutely no-one.

Doesn't help when the crowd shit their pants at the players when they're looking for the ball.

Yeah imagine fans not being happy at defenders passing the ball across the backline continually when we need a goal.

Gayle's chances are no where near as good as is being made out like :lol: He probably should have scored, aye.

It's boring as f*** when this happens with a forward. Basically every time he misses a chance the pitchforks are out.

Wot.

It's boring as fuck when this happens with a forward. Basically every time he misses a chance the pitchforks are out.

He should absolutely have scored man, not probably.

Guest firetotheworks

Not worried yet. Would have been a good time to get 3 points but we're still some way off 'must win' territory. The mentality of this team is still a positive one and that will go a long way. The wins will come. Keep supporting.

I dunno, I tend to think of the teams that you know will be in and around you as being must win, rather than matches at the tail end of the season that include Man City, Man United, Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea.

Basically had Gayle not been a total donkey we'd have walked that game.

I don't think you can depend on one player to score goals. When he's not playing it's still the same story. Ritchie, Shelvey and Atsu need to be chipping in with more as well.

Its not about depending on one player, we don't often create a lot of chances but today we did create quite a few, he was the striker up front today and should have capitalised on those chances.