Nicolai Jorgensen to stay at Feyenoord

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Jozy Altidore:

AZ.  App: 67  goals: 39.       

Sunderland. App: 42.    Goals: 1.

Players records from Eredivise are a concern.

Suarez, Van Persie, Van Nistlerooy, Kuyt and many more.

I think it's just more of a lottery than normal really. I think if you watch them as players rather than their league, you'll probably get a better idea. I think the only player who looked brilliant before arriving and then wasn't, was probably Kezman.

Afonso Alves 

Jozy Altidore:

I think it's just more of a lottery than normal really. I think if you watch them as players rather than their league, you'll probably get a better idea. I think the only player who looked brilliant before arriving and then wasn't, was probably Kezman.

Afonso Alves 

Kezman :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Jozy Altidore:

Afonso Alves 

I don't think he looked brilliant like.

Eredivisie is no different to any other non traditionally big league tbh, it's just players there are coached well technically and tactically so more people are usually signed from there.

Even France which is of a higher level than the Dutch league has loads of flops.

Jozy Altidore:

Afonso Alves 

Only the 45 goals in 39 games tbf

Guest firetotheworks

Jozy Altidore:

Afonso Alves 

Only the 45 goals in 39 games tbf

Great record in any league, but not the be all and end all.

Jozy Altidore:

Oh, plenty more have (Alves, Ruiz, etc), but many more players than the ones you mentioned from Eredivisie have also looked brilliant in the PL (Robben, Hasselbaink, VdV, Bergkamp, etc.)

It’s just a strange notion that transfers from Eredivisie clubs are somehow different from any other player transfer from one club to another. Plenty of players have moved clubs within England and even the PL and failed. It’s almost like getting a new player in is always a bit of a risk. :dontknow:

The more concerning thing is that nobody that I've seen who watches him play regularly thinks he can be a success here

I have and I think he can be a success here, but he could also be a flop. For us to get in a striker who will be a guaranteed success we’ll need to spend a multitude of the 20m said to be available, and even then it could end up in failure (and probably would considering this is NUFC we’re talking about).

Jozy Altidore:

Vincent Janssen.

AZ.    App: 34.      Goals 27

Spurs. App: 27.    Goals 2.

Theres many. I think striker wise. Van Nistelrooy and Suarez are the exception. To carry 20 plus goals over into the EPL.

It just worries me that league, equally scotland would if we got Dembele. I think the situation we are in and unable to sign proven, presents a risk, a gamble. Just dont be dismissive of that. I wouldn't be the kind of dick to say I told you so, I dont know the player, but it still worries me. The drop is now ony 3pts. Is he our saviour?

Jozy Altidore:

Vincent Janssen.

Theres many. I think striker wise. Van Nistelrooy and Suarez are the exception. To carry 20 plus goals over into the EPL.

It just worries me that league, equally scotland would if we got Dembele. I think the situation we are in and unable to sign proven, presents a risk, a gamble. Just dont be dismissive of that. I wouldn't be the kind of dick to say I told you so, I font know the player, but it still worries me. The drop is now ony 3pts. Is he our saviour?

I'm fairly confident Rafa isn't expecting this lad to be a 20 goal plus striker like.

He's just probably not expecting him to be a <5 goal striker like Joselu.

Jozy Altidore:

Oh, plenty more have (Alves, Ruiz, etc), but many more players than the ones you mentioned from Eredivisie have also looked brilliant in the PL (Robben, Hasselbaink, VdV, Bergkamp, etc.)

It’s just a strange notion that transfers from Eredivisie clubs are somehow different from any other player transfer from one club to another. Plenty of players have moved clubs within England and even the PL and failed. It’s almost like getting a new player in is always a bit of a risk. :dontknow:

Thing is, the players who have done well in the PL usually have had one or more stand out attributes like speed, physicality or exceptional technique. Players like Kezman, De Jong, Janssen etc, may have good movement and play intelligently which seems to be working great in the Dutch league, but they are neither strong, fast or have particularly good technique where you need something to stand out in England. Only exception I can think of is Kuyt which, as we here know all too well, will always be an enigma.

Jozy Altidore:

Vincent Janssen.

It just worries me that league, equally scotland would if we got Dembele. I think the situation we are in and unable to sign proven, presents a risk, a gamble. Just dont be dismissive of that. I wouldn't be the kind of dick to say I told you so, I font know the player, but it still worries me. The drop is now ony 3pts. Is he our saviour?

I'm fairly confident Rafa isn't expecting this lad to be a 20 goal plus striker like.

Nobody said he was. We are looking at teansitions into other leagues and success and failure.

So were spurs only expecting 2 from Jansen?

Jozy Altidore:

Vincent Janssen.

Nobody said he was. We are looking at teansitions into other leagues and success and failure.

So were spurs only expecting 2 from Jansen?

Highly doubtful, what's your point?

Jozy Altidore:

Vincent Janssen.

Equally there is no need to be so dismissive of the Eredivisie even though Dutch football is going through a very rough patch. It is my contention more world class forwards have spent their formative years in Dutch academies or learnt their trade in this league than in English ones in recent decades. I’ll simply say: Romario, Van Basten, Gullit, Ronaldo, Bergkamp, Van Nistelrooij, Kluivert, Mackaaij, Van Persie, Robben, Ibrahimovic, Suarez and that’s me probably forgetting a few good ones too. No need to go on like we’re some football backwater. Well we are at the moment, but plenty of players have been developed here, and plenty more will follow.