Nicolai Jorgensen to stay at Feyenoord

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest firetotheworks

If NUFC bid 20million euros, Feyenoord are not in a position to reject it

That's funny because if Feyenoord want 20 million euros, NUFC are not in a position to pay it.

If NUFC bid 20million euros, Feyenoord are not in a position to reject it

That's funny because if Feyenoord want 20 million euros, NUFC are not in a position to pay it.

:lol: That's literally the words Charnley will have used.

Jozy Altidore:

AZ.  App: 67  goals: 39.       

Sunderland. App: 42.    Goals: 1.

Players records from Eredivise are a concern.

Suarez, Van Persie, Van Nistlerooy, Kuyt and many more.

I think it's just more of a lottery than normal really. I think if you watch them as players rather than their league, you'll probably get a better idea. I think the only player who looked brilliant before arriving and then wasn't, was probably Kezman. 

Oh, plenty more have (Alves, Ruiz, etc), but many more players than the ones you mentioned from Eredivisie have also looked brilliant in the PL (Robben, Hasselbaink, VdV, Bergkamp, etc.)

It’s just a strange notion that transfers from Eredivisie clubs are somehow different from any other player transfer from one club to another. Plenty of players have moved clubs within England and even the PL and failed. It’s almost like getting a new player in is always a bit of a risk. :dontknow:

Thing is, the players who have done well in the PL usually have had one or more stand out attributes like speed, physicality or exceptional technique. Players like Kezman, De Jong, Janssen etc, may have good movement and play intelligently which seems to be working great in the Dutch league, but they are neither strong, fast or have particularly good technique where you need something to stand out in England. Only exception I can think of is Kuyt which, as we here know all too well, will always be an enigma.

I've linked it before, but here is some analysis of how strikers at promoted clubs fare in the Premier League. They're not adapting to "English football" or new teams and systems obviously, but are adapting to bigger and faster opponents. It suggests target men fare best. Bringing this back to Dutch football, but successes like Suarez, Van Nistelrooy, and Pelle were all very strong. Janssen, Kezman, etc. look for space to exploit, and you need world class movement (Van Persie) to create it in the PL.

https://experimental361.com/2017/07/15/how-do-goalscorers-fare-after-their-team-is-promoted/

I don't know how strong Jorgensen is, or how fast, but the less fast he is, the more how strong he is matters.

Jozy Altidore:

AZ.  App: 67  goals: 39.       

Sunderland. App: 42.    Goals: 1.

Players records from Eredivise are a concern.

Suarez, Van Persie, Van Nistlerooy, Kuyt and many more.

I think it's just more of a lottery than normal really. I think if you watch them as players rather than their league, you'll probably get a better idea. I think the only player who looked brilliant before arriving and then wasn't, was probably Kezman. 

Oh, plenty more have (Alves, Ruiz, etc), but many more players than the ones you mentioned from Eredivisie have also looked brilliant in the PL (Robben, Hasselbaink, VdV, Bergkamp, etc.)

It’s just a strange notion that transfers from Eredivisie clubs are somehow different from any other player transfer from one club to another. Plenty of players have moved clubs within England and even the PL and failed. It’s almost like getting a new player in is always a bit of a risk. :dontknow:

Thing is, the players who have done well in the PL usually have had one or more stand out attributes like speed, physicality or exceptional technique. Players like Kezman, De Jong, Janssen etc, may have good movement and play intelligently which seems to be working great in the Dutch league, but they are neither strong, fast or have particularly good technique where you need something to stand out in England. Only exception I can think of is Kuyt which, as we here know all too well, will always be an enigma.

I've linked it before, but here is some analysis of how strikers at promoted clubs fare in the Premier League. They're not adapting to "English football" or new teams and systems obviously, but are adapting to bigger and faster opponents. It suggests target men fare best. Bringing this back to Dutch football, but successes like Suarez, Van Nistelrooy, and Pelle were all very strong. Janssen, Kezman, etc. look for space to exploit, and you need world class movement (Van Persie) to create it in the PL.

https://experimental361.com/2017/07/15/how-do-goalscorers-fare-after-their-team-is-promoted/

I don't know how strong Jorgensen is, or how fast, but the less fast he is, the more how strong he is matters.

Really good stuff, thanks for sharing that.

he is coming...New record signing....who would have thought...

He isn't like.

i think he will come, sounds like he wants to come and we are desperate...

Im not sure that i have a opinion about this....?

We're not desperate enough to pay £22m for him.

he is coming...New record signing....who would have thought...

He isn't like.

i think he will come, sounds like he wants to come and we are desperate...

Im not sure that i have a opinion about this....?

We're not desperate enough to pay £22m for him.

ah, didn´t see the "new" price. Its too much. I think he really whats to come and they just got Van Persie so...

I woud rather we went for Basthuai.