The other games today 2018/19

Greg

So frustrated that just when one Welsh turd flushes, another comes up.

You really dislike the Welsh do you man ? Is there are story you want to share with us ?

They should play in their own league, or all UK teams should play in the same league system. Either would be fine.

Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, and even Newport have been a part of English football since they were founded. I don’t see why people suddenly have a problem with them whenever 1 of them turns up in the Premier League.

They're Welsh. They should either play in the Welsh league or the English league system should be a UK league system.

I accept I may be in the minority here, but it bugs me. Same as the Canadian teams in the MLS. If the MLS was known as "The American and Canadian Soccer League" or something, sure, fine. But as it stands, there's a US league (MLS) as well as a Canadian league, so fuck off. Either have it combined officially or stay the fuck in your own country.

The MLS means ‘Major League Soccer’, nothing in the name says USA. Also there is Canadian teams in the NBA, and Canadian teams in the NHL.

Really weird that a Scandinavian is on an English football clubs forums complaining about Welsh teams in the English football League system and Canadians in a primiarily USA based league system.

But the point is valid.

If a nation, or principality :) has it's own national league system, it's own separate FA affiliated to UEFA etc and it's own National team that plays in FIFA and UEFA competitions, it just doesn't sit right that they should have league sides playing in other nations league structures.

I get that this is probably a minority view and that it won't change but irks the hell out of me and always has.

What about Guernsey who have a club team in the English lower leagues and are trying to have a national team?

If they get a national FA and a national (at the very least semi-pro) top division, they shouldn't be allowed in another nations league.

French teams for instance are petitioning UEFA to ban Monaco from European football because they say it is wrong that a non-French team occupy a French spot in the CL/EL.

The MLS does not have "US" in its name, but it's governed by the US FA. It's a US league that allows Canadian teams to participate in it. There's a professional Canadian Soccer League.

I do not enjoy Canadian teams participating in other US based leagues in other sports.

When was the last time all three promoted teams stayed up?

The first time it happened was in the 2001/2002 season when Fulham, Bolton and Blackburn survived relegation.

QPR, Norwich and Swansea all stayed up in the 2011/2012 season.

Fair play to Huddersfield like, I genuinely thought they'd go down in last place even well into the season. A massive achievement, and they can now outspend us on transfers again.

Guest firetotheworks
:clap: to us Brighton and Huddersfield like. I think Huddersfield are in the rubbish, but others are somehow worse category, but still, getting rid of two teams that have been stinking up the league for ages is decent.

Like that the three relegated teams have all changed managers while the three promoted ones have stayed up with the manager that got them promoted.

To be fair none of the three promoted teams have really looked like they were especially likely to drop. All had bad runs at some point, but never been in the bottom three for a sustained period.

:clap: to us Brighton and Huddersfield like.

:thup:

O0

Yep pretty decent achievement by all three of us. Not a fan of Wagner but fair play to him.

Delighted for Hughton

Pity it looks like Swansea rather than Southampton as would have been good to see them go.

Can't say I've watched Huddersfield a lot this season, have they kept trying their high pressing game or have they resorted to a more conservative approach this season?

Yeah, yesterday was a really fun game. Dembelé was class, I hope he can build on that. Injuries have marred his season but when he's played regularly he's showed promise. At the end of the day he's assisted/scored 1 goal every 90 minutes he's been on the pitch.

Two games to go and still unbeaten. I'd fucking love it if we became the first Spanish team to manage an unbeaten season. Team that came closer was Real Sociedad in the 1980s, with one defeat in the penultimate game of the season.