The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Can we just admire the sheer bastard of a performance from Ramos that game there? Giving Karius concussion that destroyed his game and injured Salah.  Has to be the dirtiest big game performance since De Jong vs Spain

Better than that as his team actually won and both actions were sly. Neither even flagged as fouls.  The Karius one is just as likely a penalty shout as a red card.  Both totally avoidable too but not enough to make him negligible. 

It's easy to believe he actually was concussed for Bale's second - he looks exactly like someone who spaced out for a split second as it came on. When it swerved he didn't respond quickly enough, and then his feeble, comedic attempts to parry it away. I believe it, and I also believe some of you are being pretty harsh about it too.

*Said the old fat former keeper

Guest chopey

these names don't sound like strong manly british names to me

Darn Tooting, why can't they just pick good old british beef players like that Man U lad Fred.

Arma's come off, for Tammy Abraham. Wor lad did OK - good movement. :thup:

Good news, it's really encouraging to see our junior level doing really well. Nice to see progress from Armstrong too, think he stagnated the year before his move to Blackburn, that's done wonders for him I feel. We might have a player on our hands, after all.

For the first time ever Canada allowed the 2 Champions of the regional amateur leagues to enter the Voyageurs Cup (The Canadian equivalent of the FA Cup) from the Ontario and Quebec regional amateur leagues. Until next year Canada has no professional league, though they have 3 MLS teams and 2 other teams in lower USA leagues. Usually the competition is played between them, and obviously an MLS team always wins.

So anyway the 2 amateur champions played each other last night in the first leg for a place against Ottawa Fury (a Canadian team playing in the USL), and there was a decent turnout and a very good atmosphere.

unknown.png

Why does Stiffler suddenly have a hard on for the Canadian League? Not that I'm complaining. :lol:

Don't know. Just interested to see how it will develop. Canada is in the top 10 national for registered playing playing the game but has no professional league, in fact if it wasn't for the Canadian football league they would have no professional sporting league of their own.

The good thing is the majority of the season will be played during our summer break, so it will be easier to keep a track of.

Next time I go over I want to take in a match, not only are you allowed to drink at games, but your allowed to stand (many CPL teams will have a standing section), and on top of that your even allowed to take flares to games (so long as you have a safety certificate). Makes for a good atmosphere.