The other games today 2018/19

Greg

What a comeback by Lokomotiv Moscow v Nice.

That the lad who was at everton?

Manuel Fernandes, aye. That's his second hat trick in the Europa league this season.

What a comeback by Lokomotiv Moscow v Nice.

That the lad who was at everton?

Aye, sure we were linked with him a few years ago. Think he scored one great goal for Everton

We were aye, was the season after we finished 5th I think. Dunno how real the links were mind.

Why is there no one at the Napoli-Leipzig game?

Think Sarri openly stating that the Europa League is not of primary concern and that he'd be resting players for it has played a part.

But also in general, Napoli's gates are really weird. Hardly get anyone in for European games.

If Arsenal were to win the cup, and qualify for the Champions League next season, and finish 5th, would the Europa League spot move to 6th?

Yeah, it'll move down to next highest who hasn't qualified though cups. So Arsenal could finish 6th, win this or the league cup and it'll go to 7th.

Then Man City win the FA Cup, and it goes to 8th, which is where we finish after our amazing turn of form and climb up the table.

Probably one for the daft questions thread, but...

Didn’t it change so that this is no longer possible? I thought we were only allowed a maximum of 6 or 7 (?) qualifiers for Europe? In the event of the above happening, the place gets given to some other nation.

May have just completely made that up mind.

Guest neesy111

If Arsenal were to win the cup, and qualify for the Champions League next season, and finish 5th, would the Europa League spot move to 6th?

Yeah, it'll move down to next highest who hasn't qualified though cups. So Arsenal could finish 6th, win this or the league cup and it'll go to 7th.

Then Man City win the FA Cup, and it goes to 8th, which is where we finish after our amazing turn of form and climb up the table.

Probably one for the daft questions thread, but...

Didn’t it change so that this is no longer possible? I thought we were only allowed a maximum of 6 or 7 (?) qualifiers for Europe? In the event of the above happening, the place gets given to some other nation.

May have just completely made that up mind.

I think you're right for once. ;)

From Premier League website...

UEFA Europa League (UEL) qualification

In normal circumstances, three UEL places are given to English clubs who fulfil the following criteria:

The fifth-placed team in the Premier League qualify for the group stage proper.

The winners of the FA Cup qualify for the group stage proper.

The EFL Cup winners qualify for the third qualifying round.

Where these qualifications changes

a) If the FA Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League, their UEL group stage place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League.

b) If the EFL Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League (or top six if (a) happens), their UEL third qualifying round place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League.

I didn’t realise that there was a near full round of Championship ganes on today. I’m also suprised Sky have decided to show none of them.

Presume they're only going ahead because the teams were knocked out in the last round. Impossible to predict which games could have been selected for tv.