Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

11 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Pathetic deal, we have been pushovers when it comes to outgoings, deal makes us weaker and gives Man Utd a better second choice than us. We get back an almost 35 year old goalkeeper that we won't be able to sell.

He's not coming back. It's essentially a permanent deal where we've covered ourselves in the event of an injury. 

I would have told Man U (especially after January) and Dubravka to both swivel. Couldn't give a fuck in the argument that he wants to play in Europe, if he was so keen for that he should have stayed at Sparta Prague. Letting Man get away with this deal after January is a weak move also.

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I would have told Man U (especially after January) and Dubravka to both swivel. Couldn't give a fuck in the argument that he wants to play in Europe, if he was so keen for that he should have stayed at Sparta Prague. Letting Man get away with this deal after January is a weak move also.

No. It shows decorum. Why would you want to act similar to our travesty of a board? Just shows your club is well run when it gets a fee for a player that doesn't want to be there. 

Still slightly annoyed about this. While I don’t rate Dubravka as highly as others do, my heart doesn’t sink when he’s starting like it does for Darlow. Actively pushing for a move effectively gave us no option here, which is disappointing behavior on his part.

One consolation is it could free up wages for a big-ticket transfer or loan. Here’s hoping!

33 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Pathetic deal, we have been pushovers when it comes to outgoings, deal makes us weaker and gives Man Utd a better second choice than us. We get back an almost 35 year old goalkeeper that we won't be able to sell.

This is all Dubs throwing his toys out the pram as it make no sense for the club to do the deal otherwise.

We don't know what's gone on behind closed doors, if he's had a longstanding gentleman's agreement that he'd always be allowed to leave for a better opportunity so long as we had cover/weren't in the shit then fair enough. He seemed to have similar at Sparta which is why we got him for so little. If he's just had a tantrum I'd tell him he's staying personally.

My concern is that it seemed they were giving Pope painkillers to get him through last night. What caused that and what will the impact be on him?