Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

43 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Presumably Howe's wanted this for a while if we've had the option to recall in January and done it on the 1st.

The club have a vendetta against Man United I feel :lol: 

Makes sense if we can get some money for him and him off the wage books permanently rather than doing Man Utd a favour.

Wouldn’t be shocked if we were doing some kind of deal with Leicester. 

2 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

A swap plus cash deal for Maddison in Jan seems blindingly obvious. Dubravka can't stay here - he's nuked his bridges with the fans and the club. I imagine Darlow will go too, leaving Perp and Karius as our 1 and 2.

Interesting thought, I don't think Maddison is going anywhere this window, however, Tielemans swap and cash could work?  Imo Leicester have been weakened by the loss of Schmeichel. 

1 hour ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

A swap plus cash deal for Maddison in Jan seems blindingly obvious. Dubravka can't stay here - he's nuked his bridges with the fans and the club. I imagine Darlow will go too, leaving Perp and Karius as our 1 and 2.

£45m plus dubs or £50m plus dubs and wood

Would much rather have Karius than Dúbravka. Younger and seems to be enjoying it under Howe, unlike Dúbravka who wanted away as soon as a better goalkeeper came along.

Not sure Dúbravka is the answer for Leicester either, if it is then he’s going to. They need someone like Pope who will come and relieve pressure from the defence from crosses and set pieces, they concede loads from them and Danny Ward looks all over the shop. I didn’t see enough from Dubs to suggest he will do that. 

20 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Karius only signed until January, didn’t he?

I thought it was until the end of January but seems it was until the end of December so he’s been released, nothing confirmed mind. 

Not sure where this anti Dubs stuff has came from - he’s a good goalkeeper, way better than Karius and club needs two decent keepers. Darlow is a liability. Dubs has never let the club down and course was going to be frustrated at Pope coming in

Welcome back!

I’d start him in the FA Cup game at least

15 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Not sure where this anti Dubs stuff has came from - he’s a good goalkeeper, way better than Karius and club needs two decent keepers. Darlow is a liability. Dubs has never let the club down and course was going to be frustrated at Pope coming in

Welcome back!

I’d start him in the FA Cup game at least

They way he went on in the summer, fuck him 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They way he went on in the summer, fuck him 

'the way he went on' man. :lol:

He'd lost his place here and looked on a promise to play cup football at Man Utd instead. It didn't work out but the stick he's getting is mental.