Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

He should be dropped for Saturday.

If Pope starts at the weekend, then its more questions of why the hell did he not play last night.

Worst keeper in my life time of any professional keeper. Absolutely fucking shambolic.

Hope we release the cunt in the summer and he is forced into retirement due to not finding a club willing to employ him, the sack of fucking shit 

7 hours ago, TRC said:

If Pope starts at the weekend, then its more questions of why the hell did he not play last night.

Not really… Eddie has already said the players who have come back from injury need easing in and aren’t fully fit.

38 minutes ago, gbandit said:

When was the last time we had a keeper this bad that played more than half a season of games?

Plenty

Rob Eliot is a clear and easy example and from not that long ago 

If Pope is on the bench then he’s not far off being match fit. Howe has that stupid loyalty thing.. “it’s Dubs place to lose now” etc.. it’s really stupid.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

If Pope is on the bench then he’s not far off being match fit. Howe has that stupid loyalty thing.. “it’s Dubs place to lose now” etc.. it’s really stupid.

Probably his one flaw

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Worst keeper in my life time of any professional keeper. Absolutely fucking shambolic.

Hope we release the cunt in the summer and he is forced into retirement due to not finding a club willing to employ him, the sack of fucking shit 

Did you watch his debut against Man Utd 

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If Pope was fit I have no doubt we'd drop Dubravka in a heartbeat. 

My concern is I don't trust Pope not to get injured again - if we have to rely on Dubs again next season I think I would cry.  The man just sucks all hope out the air when he's on the pitch - it is no coincidence that our form plummeted when he came into the side.  I commented somewhere that a keeper wasn't a priority - am not sure what I was thinking.  If you look at Liverpool, City and even Newcastle when we got Pope.  Having a World Class Keeper is the foundation of a rock solid defence.  Pope would have saved at least two of Man U's attempts yesterday - am convinced of it.

46 minutes ago, duo said:

My concern is I don't trust Pope not to get injured again - if we have to rely on Dubs again next season I think I would cry.  The man just sucks all hope out the air when he's on the pitch - it is no coincidence that our form plummeted when he came into the side. 

Before getting injured in the Man U game on December 2, Pope played 13 Premier League games from which we took 23 points with a +17 goal difference. Average 1.77 points per game.

After the Man U game, Dubravka has played in 23 PL games, from which we took 31 points with +3 goal difference. Average 1.35 points per game.

There have obviously been other relevant variables, such as other players' injuries, and I'm not big on scapegoating, but it does seem like quite a drop-off.

58 minutes ago, duo said:

it is no coincidence that our form plummeted when he came into the side. 

It isn't, but it certainly isn't mainly down to Dubs no matter how many times its said on here. He came in just as our injury crisis was peaking. Our form would have plummeted regardless of who was in goal.

Pope is clearly better, but he is getting better and better the longer he is away to some. Can't remember him having a standout game since his farcial Liverpool send off. 

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

I guess this is why Howe replaced Dubravka with Pope the first chance he got two summers ago? He's just so loyal to Dubravka. He's so stupid. What a stupid manager. 

Pope isn't starting because he obviously isn't ready to. But he's on the bench because even a half-fit Pope is a better option than the reserve goalies. 

People out there thinking he just doesn't want to play Pope. Absolutely batshit.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, duo said:

My concern is I don't trust Pope not to get injured again - if we have to rely on Dubs again next season I think I would cry.  The man just sucks all hope out the air when he's on the pitch - it is no coincidence that our form plummeted when he came into the side.  I commented somewhere that a keeper wasn't a priority - am not sure what I was thinking.  If you look at Liverpool, City and even Newcastle when we got Pope.  Having a World Class Keeper is the foundation of a rock solid defence.  Pope would have saved at least two of Man U's attempts yesterday - am convinced of it.

The bigger issue is not the difference in shot stopping ability, it’s that Dubravka is not fit for our first choice style of play. Hes the furthest thing from a sweeper keeper, so we have to stay deeper to counter act that.. and then the press suffers.

Top teams have the luxury of having two high level keepers that can always come in and not force a change to their teams style of play (Ederson, Ortega. Raya, Ramsdale. Alisson, Kelleher). We arnt able to do that yet.

Edited by Nine

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Bit harsh dude. He was solid for us for the early part of his time here up until Pope joined.

Definitely past sell by date and needs departing in the summer.

Edited by Amir_9

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I guess this is why Howe replaced Dubravka with Pope the first chance he got two summers ago? He's just so loyal to Dubravka. He's so stupid. What a stupid manager. 

Pope isn't starting because he obviously isn't ready to. But he's on the bench because even a half-fit Pope is a better option than the reserve goalies. 

People out there thinking he just doesn't want to play Pope. Absolutely batshit.

they do this with everyone though. 

3 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

Before getting injured in the Man U game on December 2, Pope played 13 Premier League games from which we took 23 points with a +17 goal difference. Average 1.77 points per game.

After the Man U game, Dubravka has played in 23 PL games, from which we took 31 points with +3 goal difference. Average 1.35 points per game.

There have obviously been other relevant variables, such as other players' injuries, and I'm not big on scapegoating, but it does seem like quite a drop-off.

And then you apply context. Those first 13 games were the hardest set of fixtures given the teams we were playing. Dubravka had a much easier run and let in many more goals.

Respect some of the performances he’s put in for us over the years, didn’t like the Man Utd loan strop and hope he’ll be departing at the end of this season. That’s it really.

Why is Karius not getting games? Sure his not Great but he cant be worse. Cant stand the sight of Dubravka, not the players either.

He gladly went to Man Utd the first chance and his the worst keeper I have seen at this level.

5 hours ago, Conjo said:

It isn't, but it certainly isn't mainly down to Dubs no matter how many times its said on here. He came in just as our injury crisis was peaking. Our form would have plummeted regardless of who was in goal.

Pope is clearly better, but he is getting better and better the longer he is away to some. Can't remember him having a standout game since his farcial Liverpool send off. 

PSG away was as good as it gets.

6 hours ago, Ben said:

Did you watch his debut against Man Utd 

I saw Longstaff jr’s against Man Utd too.  Didn’t mean owt in the long run.

Never rated Dubravka particularly highly myself - the style of play suited his limited capabilities. 

His one redeeming feature was always his shot stopping but that seems to have gone now too. Has no control of the game in terms of reading play and coming out, seems glued to his six yard box. Was truly awful the other night and his time has come to move on.