Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

3 hours ago, ATB said:

Why is Karius not getting games? Sure his not Great but he cant be worse. Cant stand the sight of Dubravka, not the players either.

He gladly went to Man Utd the first chance and his the worst keeper I have seen at this level.

This is such a bad argument. You have no idea how good Karius is. He could quite literally be worse. 

53 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

IMG_1818.png.cc6503ca987dca45e2a0d66e0dc92b09.png

I instantly thought of him after posting, but hes an exception 1 in a million transfer that we could probley never pull off again

9 minutes ago, danny said:

I instantly thought of him after posting, but hes an exception 1 in a million transfer that we could probley never pull off again

Wish we could! Imagine. Hopefully we dig up some more gold along the way. 

Posted (edited)

There’s no doubting he’s massively regressed but some of the comments since Wednesday are mental – “worst professional goalkeeper ever”!

He was very good in his first three season and played a big part in us staying-up in 19-20 when he was NUFC player of the season and let's not forget, he cost £4 million.

I think a lot of our fans still have the hump about him going to Man Utd on loan but let’s be honest, it was a no-brainer for him. A random Slovakian fella with no previous connection to NUFC was offered the chance to sign for one of the supposed biggest clubs in the world (they’re obviously nowhere that now!) after sitting on our sidelines for five months after we singed Pope.

I wish him well and it’s a shame it’s ended like it has – it’s very similar to what happened to Colo.

Edited by Paully

5 minutes ago, Paully said:

There’s no doubting he’s massively regressed but some of the comments since Wednesday are mental – “worst professional goalkeeper ever”!

He was very good in his first three season and played a big part in us staying-up in 19-20 when he was NUFC player of the season.

I think a lot of our fans still have the hump about him going to Man Utd on loan but let’s be honest, it was a no-brainer for him. A random Slovakian fella with no previous connection to NUFC was offered the chance to sign for one of the supposed biggest clubs in the world (they’re obviously nowhere that now!) after sitting on our sidelines for five months after we singed Pope.

I wish him well and it’s a shame it’s ended like it has – it’s very similar to what happened to Colo.

He was way overrated by our fans at the time. Facing 30 shots a game he's bound to making plenty of saves. Now we are closer to the top of the table his weaknesses are clear for everyone to see

As for the man u thing. Aye he turned me against him. Not for going there, but the way he went on when he did go there

Probably only Rob Elliott and sels below him in the keeper stakes in the last 20 years

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

He was way overrated by our fans at the time. Facing 30 shots a game he's bound to making plenty of saves. Now we are closer to the top of the table his weaknesses are clear for everyone to see

As for the man u thing. Aye he turned me against him. Not for going there, but the way he went on when he did go there

Probably only Rob Elliott and sels below him in the keeper stakes in the last 20 years

Dubravka was always made to look better because the comparison was Karl Darlow. Wasn't hard to look better in goal than him.

17 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

PSG away was as good as it gets.

Was it? I'll admit I can't remember all the details so feel free to correct me, but can only remember one great save, which was one that I could easily see Dubs also pull off.

11 hours ago, jack j said:

Howay. Karl Darlow, Freddie Woodman, and flipping Jack Alnwick say hello. 

He was a massive upgrade and exactly what we needed when he first rocked up. To say otherwise is absolutely rewriting history. 

4 hours ago, NEEJ said:

Howay. Karl Darlow, Freddie Woodman, and flipping Jack Alnwick say hello. 

He was a massive upgrade and exactly what we needed when he first rocked up. To say otherwise is absolutely rewriting history. 

You forgot Rob fucking Elliot.

Dubravka's been great for us. He's legit and can certainly do a job in the premier league.

We have an unfortunate tendency to hang our keepers out to fucking dry, and he doesn't cope with that as well as Pope does.

Those are generous words. I rate the Dúbravka we had for many years and don’t have any issue with the fact he went to Man U on loan.

I do however have major issues with his game nowadays. It doesn’t match up to how we play in the slightest. For the first time ever he did some sweeping midweek which was remarkable to see but its not his natural game at all, he’s rooted to his line the majority of the time and clearly isn’t comfortable reading when to come out. His shot stopping is massively diminished, he’s extremely slow going down on both sides, not sure if one is worse than the other. He doesn’t catch or claim anything, he’s not remotely intimidating to attackers in 1 v 1s.

He’s not good enough to be a number one or number two keeper anymore in my opinion

• 4 weeks later...

I like Dubs. He's not good enough to be a reserve keeper that plays the majority of the matches in a season, but solid enough to cover ~5-10 games or so. People seem to judge him compared to other starting keepers in the league rather than other reserve keepers, which isn't really fair.

Good deal for everyone with the Celtic link. We free up space to improve our reserve keeper spot just in case Pope's shoulder goes to hell again, Celtic upgrades Hart in the process.

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

I like Dubs. He's not good enough to be a reserve keeper that plays the majority of the matches in a season, but solid enough to cover ~5-10 games or so. People seem to judge him compared to other starting keepers in the league rather than other reserve keepers, which isn't really fair.

Good deal for everyone with the Celtic link. We free up space to improve our reserve keeper spot just in case Pope's shoulder goes to hell again, Celtic upgrades Hart in the process.

He's not an upgrade on Hart like, a downgrade if anything, but they'd still win the league again regardless.

I can''t get my head around the stick Dubravka gets - he cost £3m - was player of the season in 19-20 and virtually kept us up!

If it's the Man Utd loan then it's ridiculous - for a bloke from Slovkakia with no connection to NUFC who had been dropped for another keeper and was offered the chance to go them lot; who are still one of the biggest clubs in the world - name wise anyway!

I wish him all the best wherever he goes - he helped us out when we were shit!

13 minutes ago, Paully said:

I can''t get my head around the stick Dubravka gets - he cost £3m - was player of the season in 19-20 and virtually kept us up!

If it's the Man Utd loan then it's ridiculous - for a bloke from Slovkakia with no connection to NUFC who had been dropped for another keeper and was offered the chance to go them lot; who are still one of the biggest clubs in the world - name wise anyway!

I wish him all the best wherever he goes - he helped us out when we were shit!

This.