Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

As I said in the match thread, that lady Belgian shotputter is quicker off the line than him. He's terrified of leaving his 6 yard box.

I've defended him but I can't anymore. Offers absolutely nothing. His shot stopping has massively regressed and he's a coward in the box. Needs to be 3rd choice next season or better yet get rid.

As big a gap between his legs as he has between his ridiculous ears. Shite. Can't wait til we're shot of him. Quite right that Karius is away too if he can't force his way in front of this joker.

I know it’s pointless but I do really wonder how many more points we’d have if Pope hadn’t been injured. Dubs is so past it now it’s unreal. He’s terrible in every aspect at this level.

His outright refusal to even break into a jog, let alone a sprint, to clear a rolling ball he's clearly favourite for is now beyond piss-boiling. He'll leave it to the defender to deal with and we inevitably end up under pressure as a result. It's not that he makes up for it with his shot-stopping ability either - if it's tamely struck AND fairly close to him he usually saves it but fuck me, what's the bare minimum requirements for a PL keeper these days? 

Needs to be moved on this summer 1000%

If I was Karius I'd say to Howe "If you are not going to play me despite how shit Dubravka is then just tell me and I'll fuck off now".

Still maintain he's a perfectly suitable reserve keeper. However, if there's serious concerns about Popes shoulder we should probably look into getting a new keeper in. He's not good enough to play the majority of our games, which I assume he'd do if Popes shoulder went to shit again.

16 minutes ago, Beth said:

If I was Karius I'd say to Howe "If you are not going to play me despite how shit Dubravka is then just tell me and I'll fuck off now".

Im sure Karius knows he’s here to be third choice. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Im sure Karius knows he’s here to be third choice. 

Do you think he does not deserve a chance now?

Doesn’t command his area, doesn’t leave his six yard box, doesn’t communicate with the defenders. He can on occasion pull of a decent save but he’s so ill equipped for the game we want to play that he’ll lose us more points than he gains us. Need a new second choice asap.

Comical how often the ball is played long or through the middle (that's for another day) by the opposition, and my first thought is the keeper can still come out and get it.

The camera pans a bit more and there he is though still planted to the spot.

Doesn't excuse the defending from the corner, but they don't get that corner if he comes out for the ball.

6 minutes ago, Beth said:

Do you think he does not deserve a chance now?

I’m not sure, possibly but it usually doesn’t work like that. Some people are considered second choice and some third, it takes a lot to change it. 

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

Comical how often the ball is played long or through the middle (that's for another day) by the opposition, and my first thought is the keeper can still come out and get it.

The camera pans a bit more and there he is though still planted to the spot.

Doesn't excuse the defending from the corner, but they don't get that corner if he comes out for the ball.

It absolutely does my nips in. I appreciate its not his natural game but some of them aren’t even 50/50s. He could gently amble towards the ball and he’d get there before the striker but he’s stood on his goal line.

Edited by christ

Just on the train home from the game. By far and away the weakest one on the field today

Looking back at the highlights, that first goal man.... 

Fucking straight at him.