Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Weve seen him in 3 games now and being honest has anyone seen anything that gives you any semblance of hope that he can be able to make key saves or decisions that will ultimately make us win a game or prevent us losing one 

I see nothing in him i think hes probably one of the worst keepers in the division i certainly cant think of anyone worse maybe the kid at Luton or Foderingham but thats it

Whilst he hasn't made absolute howlers where he was the sole blame (think Onana) but of the 9 goals conceded there's a chunk where I think surely he should be doing better

Of course others should be blamed for letting it get to that situation but then he doesn't make the save a decent keeper should

The Chukwueze goal, on first viewing I'm thinking it's went right in the corner but I see the replay and it's went more above him and he's barely got himself off the ground

Karius probably isn't the answer either so we'll have to stick with him but the club absolutely need to get a keeper in January otherwise he'll not save us points

With Dubravka, when he signed we were a relegation battle team and the last time he played for us consistently we were a team simply looking to stay in the division and he looked more than fine

When you are such a side then you are winning around 12 games per season and losing around 16 games, the amount of good games he needs to have are less, because you are only looking at winning 1 out of 3 games or thereabouts

We now need to be looking close to 20 wins and the losses have to be single digits, we are a different team and it clearly shows we've left him behind. I also think not playing for the previous 18 months has caused him to drop even further behind

Those thinking he's more than fine are probably still remembering the Dubravka we signed and the club we were when he signed but we have moved on from that

1 hour ago, duo said:

I am - they were right at him. He is utterly useless. I've yet to see him make a save.

Fair. Can’t really complain. I always feel biased bigging Pope up. But the goal does seem twice as big when Dubravka is in nets. 

The 2nd goal he should have saved, when you see the replay from behind it wasn’t top corner it was basically centre of the goal. 

I have no confidence in him whatsoever and I’m only watching, so I can’t imagine how it’s affecting the players in front of him, I can’t believe they have 100% faith in him. We 100% need to buy Popes upgrade in Jan, even if that wasn’t the original plan.

Think we're just seeing what it's like having an average keeper in net, maybe you don't notice so much if you don't go from someone of Pope's ability to this. Pope is absolutely brilliant and saves things the majority of keepers don't, Dubravka doesn't. 

The more I see of Dubravka the more I think the days of him being solid / average / mediocre are long gone.

Even in our dominant days last season Pope would usually be called upon to make one top save per game. That’s more than likely ending up in the back of the net now and all before considering the deficiencies in proactively helping out the defence dealing with balls into the box. He’s a reactive keeper whose reactions look shot.

Said it was a massive drop off when Pope got injured, needs replaced as priority in January, can’t underestimate the importance of a top keeper.

Massive concern for me that Pope did his shoulder during a routine save, hard to rely on him going forward now, need to invest big on a keeper top priority.

9 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I understand people are not happy with Dubravka, but we have 4 keepers on the books. What is the point of having so many of them, if we cannot play them in case like this? 

I dare say the club will be mulling over that exact question in January.

7 hours ago, Menace said:

Conceded 9 goals from 11 shots on target.

Unreal.

It's definitely not good enough.

The most clean sheets this season belong to Sam Johnstone, I'm not saying this is the answer, but short term it could work, likely Palace wouldn't sell regardless. 

Realistically, GK is probably the most impossible position to sign in January, I mean who's going to sell you a good goalkeeper at this stage if it weakens themselves.

Was a tale of two goalkeepers for me last night. 

Theirs pulled off a top save to prevent our second from Bruno. 

Our reserve goalkeeper did that thing where he makes himself smaller diving for the ball.

Swap the GKs and the result could easily have been the other way around.