Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

What was this kick out like then? Only read about it after the game on Twitter.

Kicked their player.

Unprovoked? :lol:

Entirely. Standing up and walking away from Slimani.

They had both been challenging for a ball before that.

Kicked their player.

Looked like Dawson had stood on his foot seconds before but not sure whether that he intentionally done so or not...

Kicked their player.

Entirely wrong. Dawson stepped on him :lol:

Kicked their player.

That’s fucking laughable, Dawson clearly stamped on his foot before that and his kick was a fannies kick.

They either both get done of neither

Didn't see Dawson step on him, I had shite coverage.

I'm shocked that anyone thinks it's anything but a suspension. He stood up and kicked him.

Mind you, you would think Dawson was being mauled by rabid wolves the way he carried on.

He's only played like 2 games if you add together the minutes he's been on the pitch in a new team tbf. Is it his fault we signed last minute in January when he was injured? No. The Club and people at the top are at fault. Again.

Why are people so pessimistic? he was signed to make a difference and help us avoid relegation and he had his small contribution to helping make that happen, he is clearly still getting back to match fitness and sharpness, but that being said my opinion is, unless he turns in a few extremely impressive performance we should give Mitro a chance when he is back rather than sign him.

Guest neesy111

Has he had any decent chances since he's started playing?  I'm struggling to think of any of note.

As much as you can say his finishing is awful (which it has been usually), Gayle for me is the only striker we've got that is capable of getting into decent positions.

Don't think Slimani getting into good positions is a problem personally, he should have been played in twice against Everton and Perez (I think) failed to do so both times. Gayle has hardly been threatening for weeks even months now, lots of good work out the box (although not today by any stretch), but nothing tangible to support the argument that he's the only striker we have capable of getting into decent positions. But I don't like him (as a player) so I would think that  ;)

Can't judge him from what we've seen so far, and to be honest I think he's been okay when he's come on for us. He changed the game Vs Arsenal, they couldn't cope with him. Got no service Vs Everton and would've scored had Perez not fucked it up.

Having said that, would I pay £20m for him in the summer? I don't think I would and would look elsewhere.

Guest Howaythetoon

He looked good against Wrsenal, quick, strong, a focal point. I haven’t seen enough of him over his career to judge whether he’s worth signing long term or not so can’t really comment. The loan signing of him hasn’t been a success at all though like the ‘keeper and Kennedy. If Rafa wants him though you just have to trust him.

Anyone see that Hegazi punch on Ings he got away with? :lol:

Could have done with Shearer pointing that out rather than saying Slimani should get a three match ban. Not that I think it will make much difference, but that's basically rubber stamped the FA decision for them.

Totally unnecessary to kick out like that but MOTD always highlight any such cases when it comes to NUFC. Can't excuse the kick but such like is often swept under the carpet elsewhere. I don't think we've seen enough of him but he always looks hungry for the ball and i'd be just as happy with him starting games as I would Gayle.

he was poor yesterday...do not hope we sign him...and its not down to yesterday alone...just think there are better options considering his price tag.

Hope we gets banned so Gayle have a chance to shine a little before it all closes down...