Liverpool 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/03/18 - Post-match reaction from page 11

BlueStar

We actually look like we can play once we start having a go.

Some slick passing moves in pretty much every one of our games this season.

Rafa is like a bad father. Constantly telling his kids that they’re not good enough to compete.

Have the rules not changed anyway with regards to that? Feel like I've asked this before but can't remember. Aye he denied a goalscoring opportunity, but he made an attempt at the ball and therefore it's a yellow. Or is that only if it's in the box?

Rafa is like a bad father. Constantly telling his kids that they’re not good enough to compete.

He's right for the most part, but I do hate when he says that to the press.

We look good and like we can have a go when we’re playing sides much closer to our level. We’ve looked consistently shite going forward give or take the odd 5 minute spell against any half decent side.

We’re absolutely shite.

Outclassed, the better team with the better players won, our players didn't really fault tonight but just weren't good enough. I think they can come out of that with pride in what they put into it and it wasn't a thrashing. Lascelles so lucky at the end there! Hopefully Slimani will be back soon and the "easier" matches will help us pull away from the bottom. Chalk it off and move on to the next game.

Straightforward loss really. Can’t fault the effort or the organisation of the team we just lacked the quality. Dummet was probably our standout player for me. Getting away with that Lascelles red feels like a mild victory.

Hopefully we’ll do the business v Southampton next week.

Guest neesy111

Have the rules not changed anyway with regards to that? Feel like I've asked this before but can't remember. Aye he denied a goalscoring opportunity, but he made an attempt at the ball and therefore it's a yellow. Or is that only if it's in the box?

If it was in the box, the ref can decide not to send the player off (though Lascelles push was blatant and not a genuine attempt to the get the ball, so could easily had the red and a pen given).

Guest Howaythetoon

Done by ball watching and players being out of position when caught on the transition. Defensively very comfortable I thought but them are the margins. Zero attacking threat really which is disappointing and kind of negative subs in being like for like. I would have started with Perez over Atsu. Diame very good again and Kennedy my MOTM for us. He was everywhere and we have to sign this lad. If he wasn’t so preoccupied with getting back and defending, he’d be a real threat. I like him a lot. They are a great team, one of the best inEurope, so it’s no shock really, but for all our good defending they didn’t really get out out of second gear at times. Such a shame for Rafa to have to come to Anfield which is essentially a Championship side.