Leicester City 1-2 Newcastle United - 07/04/18 - postmatch reaction from page 21

Disco

Delayed going into the Masters this morning  to watch that sweet joy. Off to watch Tger kick some ass. Almost as good as watching us in the Augusta clubhouse toilet illegally on my ipad beat Swansea 2 0 away with 23% possession. Only came out at half time so the Attendant knew I hadn't died.

This post brought to you in association with hard drugs.

:lol:

Delayed going into the Masters this morning  to watch that sweet joy. Off to watch Tger kick some ass. Almost as good as watching us in the Augusta clubhouse toilet illegally on my ipad beat Swansea 2 0 away with 23% possession. Only came out at half time so the Attendant knew I hadn't died.

Now we have more time between games in the PL Rafa & his team can work their magic. We are so much better as a team even individuals are getting better and better, Lascelles & Shelvey particularly Paul Dummet who thought he would ever be a key player for us. Also our takeover hopes may have been dashed but it clearly proved a distraction.

That sequence of 5 tackles that started with Yedlin and ended with the Atsu foul (but actually ended with Dummett clearing out Mahrez) was the epitome of most of this season. Kenedy has been a difference maker as he came in with a chip on his shoulder.Everyone of those guys gave everything they had in terms of effort. The goal was a silly one to concede but it matters not. SAFETY and onward...Fat Sam we see you... (not like we could miss him but go with it).

Now we have more time between games in the PL Rafa & his team can work their magic. We are so much better as a team even individuals are getting better and better, Lascelles & Shelvey particularly Paul Dummet who thought he would ever be a key player for us. Also our takeover hopes may have been dashed but it clearly proved a distraction.

Been really impressed with Shelvey and Diame as a duo.....they have been solid and made their presence felt. Dummett has definitely been a surprise. In many ways the whole backline  deserves a shout as a unit. 1 goal allowed in the last 4 matches is great stuff.

Fantastic performance again. A clean sheet would have been nice but overall the defence was on top for 99.9% of the game. This is what’s given us the platform to stay up.

Lejeune was top class all game as was Dummett.

Diame dominated their midfield until he got tired.

Kennedy was lively again, a perfect fit for this team.

We should be looking up and not down now, Everton can be caught, maybe even Leicester.

10th, we're bloody 10th, never has 10th felt so special  :lol:

I think it's because with the players with have it feels like a thoroughly hard worked for, deserved achievement rather than an underachievement.

:snod:

Fantastic result. Although slight bittersweet having put a fiver on Leicester to draw after 80 minutes (33/1- why did Bournemouth enter my thinking?)

Anyway a fivers here nor there the win being.more important.

PS I never drink Carling! Not if Fosters is available.

Rafa and the players deserve all the plaudits. Fantastic away result. Hats off to Perez. I've been critical of him since last season, he's stepped up massively when we've needed him.