Leicester City 1-2 Newcastle United - 07/04/18 - postmatch reaction from page 21

Disco

Away end was magnificent today.

It was, I didn’t see any idiots trying to act up. Everyone in good spirits, everyone signing their hearts out. Leicester fans and even the police were all really nice before and after the match. I was expecting a hostile warming, but they were spot on, even leaving the ground they were waving the coaches out without making wanker sins and such. Leicester fans have gone up in my estimation, though they weren’t very vocal during the match, that’s a problem with home grounds in general though.

Away end was magnificent today.

certainly sounded so on the radio.

Every one I spoke to this morning was surprisingly confident of getting at least a point and so It turned out. I'm surevtheres more put on getting at teams home and away than there was early season. May be that bad run could be a longer term positive for us, making us be more proactive and finding out we are good enough to carry it off.

Have to concur with the general consensus of the away end today. Positive right from the start. Not too many ‘shit’ songs. Dubravka was loving having his name chanted in the 2nd half. All in all a great trip.

Thank you Rafa.

finally, my lads get to witness an away victory. been telling them what its like when we win away and today didnt disappoint.  cracking atmosphere before during and after the game.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but after the match the players came over to the away fans and Ritchie took his top off and gave it to a kid, followed by the others. All of them aside from Kenedy and Shelvey I think it was, took their top off and either gave it to a kid or three it into the crowd. There maybe a few who arn’t good enough for us long term, but everyone one of them who is playing know what it means to wear the shirt and know how much the fans are behind them. Even the ones who never threw their top into the crowd, I suspect they would have already promised their shirts away.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but after the match the players came over to the away fans and Ritchie took his top off and gave it to a kid, followed by the others. All of them aside from Kenedy and Shelvey I think it was, took their top off and either gave it to a kid or three it into the crowd. There maybe a few who arn’t good enough for us long term, but everyone one of them who is playing know what it means to wear the shirt and know how much the fans are behind them. Even the ones who never threw their top into the crowd, I suspect they would have already promised their shirts away.

Never understood the fascination of match worn shirts unless you actually played in the game and exchanged it for memories / keep it for memories. Would much rather have a brand new shirt than a shirt drenched in someone elses sweat.

Never understood the fascination of match worn shirts unless you actually played in the game and exchanged it for memories / keep it for memories. Would much rather have a brand new shirt than a shirt drenched in someone elses sweat.

Membrolilia really, plenty of motorsports auction off things like worn tyres and such.