Newcastle United 2-1 Arsenal - 15/04/18 - post-match erection from page 14

BlueStar

Just watched this after avoiding the result. What a team. Arsenal were very good but this is the best team ethic I've seen in a long time. Ayoze is a ledge. Shelvey has to be going on that plane and mo diame is 2/3 of the way to cementing his place in divine pantheon. No wonder Rafa is trending on twitter. Manager of the season for sure.

My favourite thing about this match is that I thought ages ago that we'd beat them for the following reasons, but in the end the big reasons didn't really come into it at all, we were just better:

(Reasons why I thought we'd beat Arsenal)

• Having a shit away record this season.

• Being bottlers historically.

• Losing or drawing against relegation candidates historically.

• Losing or drawing against relegation candidates this season - five times, that's right - WBA, Swansea, Southampton, West Ham, Bournemouth. •Them having nothing to play for in the league, being preoccupied with the Europa (their only chance of CL football). •Us playing well against them at the Emirates and it being close, us upping our game against bigger teams at home.

•Our game being better suited against teams who actually try against us.

•If push comes to shove and we need to win that match, I'd be more confident than I was about us beating Man United, and more confident than in a push comes to shove game at home to Huddersfield.

In reality:

•That was miles better than I've seen Arsenal play away this season.

• Arsenal still have something to play for as Burnley are right behind them, meaning they need to ensure Europa league football for next season if they don't win it this season.

• We didn't need to win the game in the way that we might have if we were in say Huddersfield's position yesterday.

We won without Arsenal being poor and without the fire of relegation up our arses. We didn't need Arsenal to be shit- they were good, and we didn't need adversity- the desire and application was still there. I'm really impressed by that more than anything.

I thought Arsenal were pretty good and it took us a while to get into the game as in the 1st half they seemed to want it a bit more than we did. Once we woke up and equalized we played very well and the introduction of Slimani made a big difference as it gave us a presence up front and pace and power.

I thought Gayle was poor today and looked to be just going through the motions at times.

I just feel happy for Ameritoon.  O0 :smitten:

Chuffed for Ameritoon, too.

Was it first ever game and trip to SJP?

Bet he's absolutely buzzing like mad. :indi:

:aww: I’m jealous, what an experience for him.

Cheers all, that was simply incredible. Was just hoping to see one goal really, got two and the winner right in front of me. The atmosphere was amazing, Strawberry beforehand was great, walking around the stadium was surreal. Wish I could redo it all over again, perfect first match.

Ayoze's form, too, what a guy :lol:

Really glad you enjoyed it fella, please come back asap.

Class afternoon, was confident of a win all week and didn't feel nervous at any point in the game. Fantastic performances from Diame, Shelvey, Perez and Lascelles but massive contributions from everyone on the pitch. What can you say about Rafa that hasn't already been said.......?

This is my son's first season with a season ticket and he's absolutely loving it, haven't felt this proud to be a Newcastle fan in a long long time. Yes, I'm pissed.

Cheers all, that was simply incredible. Was just hoping to see one goal really, got two and the winner right in front of me. The atmosphere was amazing, Strawberry beforehand was great, walking around the stadium was surreal. Wish I could redo it all over again, perfect first match.

So happy for you man. Proper jealous. Can’t wait for my first trip over one day.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that, hoping for the 3 points but not absolutely shitting myself if we let it slip. Great, hard fought win.

Aye same, sort of expected them to equalise so wasn't too panicky. A draw would have still been a good result. We could and should have made it 3-1 anyway.

Was on for £110 if it ended 3-1  :huff:

So happy for you man. Proper jealous. Can’t wait for my first trip over one day.

I’m raging. :lol:

My attended games at SJP are...

Lost 2-1 to Fulham.

Lost 1-0 to Sheffield Utd

Lost 2-0 to Blackburn

Drew 2-2 with Wigan (who equalized in injury time through Titus Bramble, despite being down to ten men)

Been tough watching, I have to say.

First three Roeder and then Kinnear.

Got to see Bullard’s leg get mangled and was in the paper protesting against Shepherd after the Sheffield Utd game, those were high points.

Actually Martins scoring against Wigan was class, was a rocket and I thought it had won us the game.

Lost 2-1 to Fulham.

Lost 2-0 to Blackburn

Drew 2-2 with Wigan (who equalized in injury time through Titus Bramble, despite being down to ten men)

:lol: Really happy for Ameritoon, must have been amazing, but yeah I'm jealous too. Not as much distance but from the other end of England I've managed three draws and four losses.

Today was amazing though. Love this team of players so much. Love Rafa. Love everything. :smitten:

Guest Howaythetoon

Chuffed for Ameritoon, hope he is having a fantastic time in our piss stained City and what a win and game for his first match at SJP.

Chuffed for Ameritoon, hope he is having a fantastic time in our piss stained City and what a win and game for his first match at SJP.

Our city is fucking ace.

Yeah ok you do have to battle your way through pissed up 20-odd year olds, and pissed up middle aged people thinking they are 20-odd year olds at weekends, and the council do need to go round with a jet wash, but it's a damn fine city. 

Our city is fucking ace.

Yeah ok you do have to battle your way through pissed up 20-odd year olds, and pissed up middle aged people thinking they are 20-odd year olds at weekends, and the council do need to go round with a jet wash, but it's a damn fine city.

Apart from the people and the cleanliness. Have fun Ameritoon.

Lost 2-1 to Fulham.

Lost 2-0 to Blackburn

So far iv'e seen two:

4-0 vs Olympaikos (Dyer backheel)

3-0 vs Ipswich last year.

:smug:

Can't imagine what Ameritoon is feeling like, great first game to watch.

Brilliant game, unreal atmosphere. Loved the roar from the Gallowgate after the game when the players were walking over, everyone applauding and singing and then all just cheered at once like we'd just scored. Love this club, nothing like it when it clicks.