Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Carrick18

not sure what else they were expecting?

Pretty much. The top six were always going to vote yes, as was anyone in the bottom half that was guaranteed safety. That's potentially half of your votes gone along with any of the relegated lot that want lower outgoing to tackle the corona impact.

When we went down to the Championship, the overall average attendance for the whole league increased (thanks to us).

Did they have the same effect in League One, or are they just a nothing club now?

Now ?

All we had to do was hold on against the mighty Gillingham at home and beat a team who had lost their last game against Southend and we'd have gone up. The fucking useless bastards' my particular highlight [emoji38] 

They wouldn't have gone up. They would have had a chance of going up via the Play Offs.

It's all if's and but's and maybe's, but in Boo Boys above scenario, they would have gone up automatically. They ended on 59 points from their 36 games, which is a PPG of 1.638. Had they not conceded that 90+6 goal against Gillingham, they'd have an extra 2 points on the board, and Bristol Rovers were in awful form, they lost 3-1 to Southend on 7th March and actually lost 3-0 to Sunderland on Feb 22nd, and their record since boxing day was P14 W1 D4 L9, so 7 points from 14 games going into their match. Had Sunderland won then they would have had 64 points from their 36 games, not 59, which is 1.777 points per game, and Rotherham went up on 1.771.

Of course, other clubs would be saying if we did this, and that...but it does just show the fine margins, and they (Sunderland) were on a right roll in February, winning 4 games in a row with 4 clean sheets, but then only earned 2 points from their 'final' 4 matches.

Only 4 teams voted to continue the season, just wait till they find out their club wasn’t one of them, they’ll go atomic.  :lol:

I thought they were? Them, Peterborough and two others?

Well, so they think. No official who voted for what, yet.

Only 4 teams voted to continue the season, just wait till they find out their club wasn’t one of them, they’ll go atomic.  :lol:

Well, so they think. No official who voted for what, yet.

You'd think Tranmere wanted to carry on looking at the table.

Guest godzilla

According to reports (quite a few) it was Tranmere and Ipswich also

"I think the decision today to cancel the league has made my mind up to cancel. Im completely disillusioned by football in general these days and I can’t see why it’s right for the premier league to go ahead but not leagues 1 or 2."

:laugh:

Guest chopey

A few journalists on twitter are saying it's unfair because Sunderland might have went on a good run and got into the playoffs, but could they also not go on a bad run and not ? Totally fair IMO.

A few journalists on twitter are saying it's unfair because Sunderland might have went on a good run and got into the playoffs, but could they also not go on a bad run and not ? Totally fair IMO.

theres no real fair outcome in this tbh sure in an ideal world finish the season but for a majority of league one clubs theres not enough incentive to justify the financial cost so weighted ppg (is it being done weighted on home and away?) is the least bad option available