Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest chopey

Nothing like the feeling of a Derby with two equally matched teams though, the playoff games in 1990 were unbelievable I didn't sleep for days with worry and excitement, David Davies the former FA chairman was once asked "what would be the biggest game in England" and he said an FA cup final between Newcastle and Sunderland, he predicted that the north east would just shut for the day.

Guest chopey

I can totally see Mike Ashley swooping in at their lowest ebb.

What would the club be worth considering how fucked they are? A tenner and take on the debt?

I'm convinced he will

What would the club be worth considering how fucked they are? A tenner and take on the debt?

Donald wants £40 million doesn't he?  That madbob idiot has some of them convinced a takeover is coming though.

Guest chopey

He's made a killing off Newcastle even though he paid over the odds, he'll have a bonk on for buying a big club with potential for buttons.

I cant see him touching another football club.

One of them is laughing at the logic and strategy of us signing Koulibaly :lol:

'Why sign a 29 year-old (he's 28) when he could be 30 by the time the football starts again'

Probably because he's one of the best defenders in the world? 

'Flanagan for me, marra'

As much as they as a football club get on my nerves at times I dont want them to go bust.  After all they are a local football team that has strong links to its community.  We've had it awful under Ashley with a total disconnect from our community and city.  Can you image what it would do to the city of Sunderland if they folded?

Yes, yes I can.

Sunderland-fans.jpg

What a turnaround in four years!

‘Rafa Beneath Us’

‘Enjoy Burton’

Absolutely glorious! I hope the bastards rot!  The bitterness next week is going to be absolutely magnificent to watch!

Purely anecdotal but the Mackems at work, bar one, while not going as far as  being jealous, are mainly "enjoy it, I would in your position"

Its the RTGers who it'll will eat up.

As much as they as a football club get on my nerves at times I dont want them to go bust.  After all they are a local football team that has strong links to its community.  We've had it awful under Ashley with a total disconnect from our community and city.  Can you image what it would do to the city of Sunderland if they folded?

Fuck them fuck the city of Sunderland, you could flatten the whole lot of it and let it become some barren wasteland for all I care. They have nothing but utter contempt for everything Newcastle related not just things that are football related. The whole place is a complete shithole it would just be a shithole without a professional football club

I’m sure that Dell consortium loaned them £10m which is tied to the academy and stadium.

There is no way Donald is going to be able to pay that back, he’s going end up defaulting on it. The big question then is if they would swoop in and buy the club as well, or just sell the stadium and academy. There will be even bigger questions about who would have the money to buy the academy and stadium off them.

If they don’t find a buyer for the club then not only is the club done, but the city as well. Having a stadium with no football team would just create another Reynolds arena like fiasco, where theirs no reason to have it. Let’s be honest a couple of concerts in the summer isn’t enough to keep it going, and we are at least a year away from that being possible.

Fuck them fuck the city of Sunderland, you could flatten the whole lot of it and let it become some barren wasteland for all I care. They have nothing but utter contempt for everything Newcastle related not just things that are football related. The whole place is a complete shithole it would just be a shithole without a professional football club

Not every Sunderland fan is like rtg. Not everyone living in Sunderland support the club. Such a shame to read comments like this from our fans, but you have form.

I’m sure that Dell consortium loaned them £10m which is tied to the academy and stadium.

There is no way Donald is going to be able to pay that back, he’s going end up defaulting on it. The big question then is if they would swoop in and buy the club as well, or just sell the stadium and academy. There will be even bigger questions about who would have the money to buy the academy and stadium off them.

If they don’t find a buyer for the club then not only is the club done, but the city as well. Having a stadium with no football team would just create another Reynolds arena like fiasco, where theirs no reason to have it. Let’s be honest a couple of concerts in the summer isn’t enough to keep it going, and we are at least a year away from that being possible.

He defaults and they own the club. It's pretty much what they all hope for. Problem is, they don't want it, especially now with everything going on. A ground with social distancing in place makes no money. The academy was worth money for land, but development will be down for some time to come.

If thry do anything it'll be extend the agreement, which doesn't help them at all.

The Americans who loaned them money have absolutely no interest in the club they loaned them the money with an assurity against the real estate. If they had any inclination of taking the club they would have just bought the Don out there and then.

The club is still making huge losses and will continue to do so they are now going to have to cut their cloth even more to survive in league 1. They will be in administration by xmas and could be in league 2 within 12 months

I know some genuinely lovely people who support SAFC.

With that being said I hope they fold, the SOS is levelled and the ground it once stood on is salted.