Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Over 1,000 posts on "our" thread in 24 hours again.

By comparison there are only three other threads on the front page that have over 300 posts IN TOTAL. One of them started on Tuesday, one in July 2021 and one in May 2020. :memelol:

Obsessed SMBs 

Read that we had 7k for a cup game against Tranmere before Keegan took over on there a while back, I take it that'll get a dusting off.

Even though it never happened, the game, fixture or crowd. 28k for a televised game against 3rd tier Bournemouth they'll find if they check the record books instead of going off the mythology of toothless bitter sad nerd rocking back and forwards in the corner of their local.

*Don't even think we'd ever played Tranmere at SJP at that point. I do enjoy how there isn't even a kernal of truth in their folklore.

Edited by Wolfcastle

12 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Read that we had 7k for a cup game against Tranmere before Keegan took over on there a while back, I take it that'll get a dusting off.

Even though it never happened, the game, fixture or crowd. 28k for a televised game against 3rd tier Bournemouth they'll find if they check the record books instead of going off the mythology of toothless bitter sad nerd rocking back and forwards in the corner of their local.

*Don't even think we'd ever played Tranmere at SJP at that point. I do enjoy how there isn't even a kernal of truth in their folklore.

Nope played them a couple of times, last time at St James was 98 in the FA cup and the crowd 36,600, time before that was 92 in the old division one and the crowd was 30,000

Edited by et tu brute

47 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

It was at Wembley, around 1988 iirc. Some shite football league centenary tournament based on an arbitrary string of results the previous season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Centenary_Tournament

One of those competitions to try and fill the calendar after the dippers got us all banned from Europe.

55 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I remember playing Tranmere in a ZDS cup game. Finished 6-6 after ET and we lost on pens.

Only we could score 6 away from home and still lose.

24 minutes ago, Sima said:

I remember playing Tranmere in a ZDS cup game. Finished 6-6 after ET and we lost on pens.

That was the "Kevin Brock has gone off with a headache" game I think.

45 minutes ago, wfmk2 said:

It was at Wembley, around 1988 iirc. Some shite football league centenary tournament based on an arbitrary string of results the previous season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Centenary_Tournament

One of those competitions to try and fill the calendar after the dippers got us all banned from Europe.

First time I went to Wembley that. 

Beat the best team in the land Liverpool on penalties (sudden death, we scored ours, they missed theirs) in first round then went out to Fourth Division Tranmere in the next. 

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Looks like they boycoutting tomorrows Cup game in a protest against the FA and their anti racism agenda. RTG reckon they’ve sold 5000 tickets.

I'm sure there'll still be an "our fans" thread claiming its an absolutely magnificent turnout and that no one is else in world football would get anymore than that amount. Pats on the back all round for the bestest, classiest fans on the planet!

Edited by Scoot

3 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Over 1,000 posts on "our" thread in 24 hours again.

By comparison there are only three other threads on the front page that have over 300 posts IN TOTAL. One of them started on Tuesday, one in July 2021 and one in May 2020. :memelol:

Nearly 26,000 posts since the takeover news broke on October 6th. TWENTY SIX THOUSAND posts in a month. Compared to 20,000 posts on this thread over a period of 39 months. Someone call a doctor for them.

3 hours ago, Sima said:

First team to lose a televised FA Cup penalty shoot-out that season (or to lose a shoot-out after the prelim round, speaking of the mackems) - I wonder if we weren't the first team to lose two penalty shoot outs in the same season, certainly the first to have them both televised.

18 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Bad news everyone. Their resident financial wizard isn't convinced by yesterday's filings. [emoji38]

Let him be. Everyone takes up a hobby in retirement. Usually golf, hill walking, more time with the grandkids.

His just happens to be scrutinizing the accounts of NUFC and posting his (always incorrect) findings on RTG :lol:

1 hour ago, Alan Pardew said:

Remember when I called Manuel Pellegrini a fucking old cunt? What a day.

Do you know who else is a fucking old cunt? Janey. 

:pardsbeard::pardsbeard::pardsgrin::pardsgrin:

Sssssh. your not allowed to have a go at Janey , the Lester Piggot faced mare..

Edited by GWN

There's now a thread on RTG where they're trying to justify between themselves why today's attendance will be so low. Particularly enjoyed this supposed direct comparison:

Id imagine there’ll be season tickets holders from the big clubs miss champions league matches

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/why-cant-80-of-season-ticket-holders-be-a-d-to-go-today.1563994/