Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

3rd in the league and they sacked him, superb. They have mental owners  :spit:

In fairness he wasn't the owners choice. He was probably itching at his feet to bin him off anyway to bring his own man and own stamp in. Hopefully he tries a really cute appointment like unearthing someone's U23s manager from bundesliga or something and it goes tits up. 

Farke or Grant Mccann would be decent appointments. 

Bah, disappointed with this tbh. They weren’t going up automatically under Brent and every chance they would have bottled the playoffs too. Unfortunately I could see the likes of Warnock getting enough of a tune out of them to scrape promotion.

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

In fairness he wasn't the owners choice. He was probably itching at his feet to bin him off anyway to bring his own man and own stamp in. Hopefully he tries a really cute appointment like unearthing someone's U23s manager from bundesliga or something and it goes tits up. 

Nah, I’m sure it was suggested when he was appointed that he was Louis Dreyfus’ preferred choice!

3 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Yeah i guess that's fair, but 3rd, it's not as if they we're down the league.

The whole club needs a deep breathe.

Ian Evatt did a fantastic job turning Bolton around and even then they didn't piss the league last year. Their last three coaches have seen two men with 'a vision' in Ross and Johnson and one defensive manager masking as a pragmatist in Parkinson. 

They've started to sign younger players and be slightly more intelligent with some of their business, but the problem with signing so many young players is that their level of performance can fluctuate. The spine of that side yesterday had some few leaders in it, and when one of the few good ones is heading past his own goalkeeper you know you're in trouble. 

If they're determined to get another 'I have my way' type then they need to accept it'll take a minimum of two full seasons to see results.

10 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Nah, I’m sure it was suggested when he was appointed that he was Louis Dreyfus’ preferred choice!

I thought that French kid only took over months after Johnson took the gig? Unless Dreyfus was pulling the strings for a while knowing the takeover would go through. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

I thought that French kid only took over months after Johnson took the gig? Unless Dreyfus was pulling the strings for a while knowing the takeover would go through. 

Aye he did but I seem to recall that was the case. He knew he’d be investing so had some influence. One of the local rags definitely ran a piece suggesting as much when he bought in.

4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Love the idea that a club who couldn't afford to let Crook Town keep 100% of the gate receipts from a reserve game can suddenly afford Allardyce. :lol:

Mackem lad I knew was convinced that Allardyce was going to take them into the top 6 until the FA offered him the England job. 

He absolutely despised the FA as they ‘fucked up their club’ and stole Allardyce. 

Bumped into him a few months ago in the Bodega in town and he still refuses to watch England games or FA Cup games because of it [emoji38]

They're like a toddler who repeatedly throws their ice cream on the floor every 2 minutes and demands another one. Who the fuck do they think they are? They've done nothing but slag the League off and the teams in it, given it the big one every year and now they're getting fucking pasted with increasing regularity. At what point do they take a step back and ask themselves if they're part of the problem? 

The answer is never. The entire footballing world is wrong and they're right. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

They're like a toddler who repeatedly throws their ice cream on the floor every 2 minutes and demands another one. Who the fuck do they think they are? They've done nothing but slag the League off and the teams in it, given it the big one every year and now they're getting fucking pasted with increasing regularity. At what point do they take a step back and ask themselves if they're part of the problem? 

The answer is never. The entire footballing world is wrong and they're right. 

They must be one of the longer serving league one clubs now surely.