Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought they got it completely wrong in sacking Ross and Parkinson but I can see the logic in sacking Johnson, even if it’s still a risky decision to make. On the face of it, the decision to get rid when sitting third looks stupid but the bloke has shown consistently now that he is streaky and when they lose games, they lose them badly and when the expectations are high. It was very likely that they would blow the play-offs again IMO. Let’s just hope they balls up the decision for the replacement as seeing them flounder in the 3rd division is simply too much fun.

To be fair, they were only heading one way with him and it wasn’t for promotion. Not surprise he’s been booted at all.

Sad really because they have an opportunity for a new manager bounce and get back into the race for automatic.

Interested to see who they’ll get. Tragic timing though with the transfer window closing. 

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

To be fair, they were only heading one way with him and it wasn’t for promotion. Not surprise he’s been booted at all.

Sad really because they have an opportunity for a new manager bounce and get back into the race for automatic.

Interested to see who they’ll get. Tragic timing though with the transfer window closing. 

Problem is, they think they have a team full of players that are way above any of the other teams and the simple fact is they haven't. 

I always think about how it’ll be a couple of years until they’re back in the PL, but then look at Sheffield Wednesday. They’ve been down for over 20 years now. Would love them to be like that. 

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Problem is, they think they have a team full of players that are way above any of the other teams and the simple fact is they haven't. 

They’ve got the top scorer in the league but their defence is awful. Sat third but they’ve conceded three more goals than the team in 18th.

Whether that’s down to the players being shit or the manager being tactically inept I don’t really know because they have a team I’ve never heard of.

16 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They’ve got the top scorer in the league but their defence is awful. Sat third but they’ve conceded three more goals than the team in 18th.

Signed a centre back this month to solve that though. The one who scored the own goal yesterday. :lol:

2 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

Honestly, the football Gods could not have written this weekend....we should start a thread "Best weekend ever".... cos I'm not sure owt could top this one!!:D

Easy. The one where we qualified for the champions league and them and boro both got relegated.