Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, dave s said:

E25451-F2-F087-4625-B83-D-2-EE489635-F8-

It lives on! 😂

As much as I loved that day this is SO much worse - dare I say their lowest ebb in the modern era.

That day against us they had a bad first half then suffered a red card and even then it was a Premier League game in which we had an in form Andy Carroll leading the line and in the form of his life. They were a steady PL team too.

This was 6-0 against a midtable Bolton side that didn't spend a penny on transfers to get promoted under their current manager. The striker who scored a brace today is one of two players they've paid money for in the last 18 months, and he only arrived this month. Sunderland have outspent them and Johnson has had about nine games fewer in charge to implement 'his vision'. A loss by a two or three goal scoreline is embarrassing, but they were categorically outplayed by that same team and Johnson looked a broken man after it was over. 

Even if they go up this year, unless they spend heavily they're coming back down. Their owner, hailed as a saviour, hasn't spoken publicly in months and can't say how much he owns. He's increasingly looking like a public face that allows the previous owners stay involved and make decisions. The pitch is a state too. I was quite depressed towards the final days of Ashley, but fuck me, I've no idea where you find optimism there. No one wants to buy the club, it's a mess.

Edited by Thiago

11 minutes ago, Scoot said:

If you fancy a laugh.

Absewlewtly no…WAY that…BLOKE is not erm a NONCE in…his charva erm CAP.

Prefer to leave my kids with Wayne Lineker.

That first baldy n all. Perfect. 

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Not to sound like a prick, but this kind of stuff is far less prevalent when tickets are harder to come by.

At Leeds last week, where tickets were obviously really sought after, despite a (almost) standard allocation, the whole day was just a really, really good experience (apart from the shambles getting in to the ground and moving about at ht, but little blame for that belonged to fans IMO). 

I think it’s becoming obvious that tickets are going to become harder to come by in future, so although that is shite for a lot of people, it might mean we see a reduction in ‘loutish’ instances amongst our away following. 

Interesting. The lads I grew up with got into causing bother at various places they proudly told me. Johnny Come Lately's to a man their away days started under Sir Bobby and so missed the Keegan era where tickets were gold dust and where the vibe was very different in my experiences and far from marauding around Breda, games I was at and heard about, we got on great with Antwerp, Rangers, Bilbao, Sheffield United, Liverpool.

*they were all also soft as clarts which makes it even more pathetic, never seen one of them win or start a fight at home.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Never understood them “fan” channels. We have just lost 6-0, how can it get any worse? By putting a microphone in people’s faces so that everyone from outside of the club can watch the fewm and enjoy it. 

7 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Never understood them “fan” channels. We have just lost 6-0, how can it get any worse? By putting a microphone in people’s faces so that everyone from outside of the club can watch the fewm and enjoy it. 

He’s always stood outside way before the game ends to get people coming out the stadium. Just watch the game mate