Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

We can continue to earn money as we climb because I assume each position has a certain amount of money you earn for finishing there.

Yeah, about 50p per place down there. Don't spend it all at once. :lol:

By mentioning the performance against Wolves he’s again putting currency in a result in a game where the opposition were going through the motions, just like a lot of them did in the results against Chelsea and Everton 2 years back that they bang on about so often.  Glorious.

This is at the same time a lot of them are saying we shouldn’t take any credit for the wins against Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea at home because they didn’t mean anything as their focus was elsewhere on all three occasions.

I would be really happy to be a solid mid table Premier League team for 3 - 4 years, however....  I just don't see it happening.

Instead, assuming Rafa stays, we should be really pushing for one of the top 6 positions.  All we had to do this year was to turn about half of those gut wrenching 1 - 0 defeats into wins and we would have done it this year, I mean, how many times have we been on top for large portions of a match carving out chance after chance just to lose to a sucker punch goal.  If we had better strikers there would have been some surprising results this season...  Spurs could easily have been 4 or 5 - 1 given the chances that went begging....

Potentially if they can sign the right players they will have a great time in league one and it should give them something they haven't had in a long time the fun factor.

But to try and link it with 10th for us isn't an achievement or that Rafa can't develop players is mental. Our fates aren't intertwined. They need to worry about themselves and is their potential new owner right for them just like we need to worry what Ashley will do or not do.

The worst case of trying to put a positive spin on relegation to league one I’ve ever seen

We shall see. Problem is they may have to get used to 10th in the Premier League. They may as well call it home for the next few years. They may as well pay rent on 1oth in the Premier League. They are not going very far from it for the foreseeable future. They are too good to go down but they are nowhere near good enough to win anything or finish in the top 5. They won't be moving up or down far. They can't where they are in mid-table in the Premier League.

We on the other hand have so much we can do in that time. So much space to move around in because we have plummeted so far down. We can continue moving up over the next few years if we get a new owner and a good manager who will use most of the kids we saw play against Wolves. We can go on long unbeaten runs if we are good enough. We can continue to earn money as we climb because I assume each position has a certain amount of money you earn for finishing there.

All the while they will have I hope some of the most uneventful and boring seasons in their history.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nufc.1430800/page-3

Why were they so happy to cling onto 17th for nearly a decade then?

Oh yeah because it's "PL FOOTBALL MARRA. I'd rather lose in the PL than win in the champsionship. Enjoy Burton" - Every mackem ever.

Potentially if they can sign the right players they will have a great time in league one and it should give them something they haven't had in a long time the fun factor.

But to try and link it with 10th for us isn't an achievement or that Rafa can't develop players is mental. Our fates aren't intertwined. They need to worry about themselves and is their potential new owner right for them just like we need to worry what Ashley will do or not do.

I just can't see the fun in beating the likes of Rochdale, Fleetwood and Accrington Stanley. It's like when we play a small team in the cup, Luton this season and Cheltenham the year before as examples. Aye it's nice to win but it doesn't exactly get the pulse racing in the way the victories against Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea have this season. It's more just a shrug of the shoulders and job done.

The worst case of trying to put a positive spin on relegation to league one I’ve ever seen

We shall see. Problem is they may have to get used to 10th in the Premier League. They may as well call it home for the next few years. They may as well pay rent on 1oth in the Premier League. They are not going very far from it for the foreseeable future. They are too good to go down but they are nowhere near good enough to win anything or finish in the top 5. They won't be moving up or down far. They can't where they are in mid-table in the Premier League.

We on the other hand have so much we can do in that time. So much space to move around in because we have plummeted so far down. We can continue moving up over the next few years if we get a new owner and a good manager who will use most of the kids we saw play against Wolves. We can go on long unbeaten runs if we are good enough. We can continue to earn money as we climb because I assume each position has a certain amount of money you earn for finishing there.

All the while they will have I hope some of the most uneventful and boring seasons in their history.

Why the need to say basically the same thing seven times? :lol:

7 in a row marra

7 in a row marra

...and still the end goal is to end up where we are now so why would they even want to go on long unbeaten runs and continue to climb if there is nothing to look forward to when they reach it? :lol:

Their prospective new owner has sold his old club Eastleigh FC, which was a requirement for the takeover: https://www.eastleighfc.com/statement-update-on-ownership.

Looks like their takeover is about to be completed then. They're jammy cunts for getting a clean slate without debts, but they have to hope that the investors behind this deal have the will and the means to cover their massive losses for the foreseeable future and get them back up the leagues sharpish or they could be in far greater trouble than they are now.

So fucking bitter. It's delicious.

Rafa can't develop players, apparently, but the same poster said we have a poor squad yet we've just finished top half. Some lethal mental gymnastics there.

Worthy of gold in the marralympics tbh.

RTG logic- All bad stories about Newcastle ramped up to the Max and all true in their worse case scenario.

All bad stories about Sunderland, played down, a crumb of hope will be found- the crumb is exaggerated to the max and the story turns out positive.

When the inevitable actually happens.  Just forget what was claimed, and repeat this process on the new set of made up stories....forever.

Their prospective new owner has sold his old club Eastleigh FC, which was a requirement for the takeover: https://www.eastleighfc.com/statement-update-on-ownership.

Looks like their takeover is about to be completed then. They're jammy cunts for getting a clean slate without debts, but they have to hope that the investors behind this deal have the will and the means to cover their massive losses for the foreseeable future and get them back up the leagues sharpish or they could be in far greater trouble than they are now.

They are getting a bloke that bucks trannies man, hopefully it all gets a load worse

Is it a coincidence that, after a couple of videos appear on here of Chelsea fans giving a bit of praise to our support, that this appears on that  place.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/players-who-have-found-the-noise-at-the-sol-incredible.1430865/

What is going on at Newcastle right now, the flags, the colour, the noise, every available ticket sold for every game, the team, the manager we have is absolutely killing them make no mistake about that and that's before you even consider the 2 division gap between the clubs. They couldn't even manage to hold up a small banner at one of their recent games and one of the ends of it was just hanging there at one side because there wasn't enough people in the stand to hold it up properly.

Then they see our display on Sunday and throughout the last couple of seasons..........