Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran - SPA & POR advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man, Segun is at the World Cup? That's so dope man.

Dude did you manage to get tickets to watch any Nigeria games?

Not going to Kaliningrad, too much of a trek. Volgograd for Iceland is possible. St. Petersburg for Argentina is a definite.

Wow. Always wanted to go to Russia, but didn't feel like I'd be welcome based on stories from people I know who've gone.

Are you white? Unless you a different colour, I don't see why you would feel unwelcome. I get a good number of odd or interested stares here as a quite large Black person, but nothing I would worry about.

Fwiw, I'm quite experienced in Russia. I have been here many times for business and taken my wife and child here a few times. In terms of friendliness and openness, it is not America or UK and this is just something you have to understand. The country is pretty insular (especially in the smaller cities), but most people are decent, as it the case everywhere. I've never had any real problems. It is not the sort of place I would recommend taking a vacation or something like this, but you can make money and enjoy yourself here.

Anyway, the charm offensive is clearly on for the World Cup. Random people in the street are yelling "Welcome to Russia" every five minutes, asking for photos, wanting to discuss Ahmed Musa or John Obi Mikel with me in broken English, or asking questions about Nigeria/America :lol: There is no way the powers that be would let this go badly.

Not going to Kaliningrad, too much of a trek. Volgograd for Iceland is possible. St. Petersburg for Argentina is a definite.

Wow. Always wanted to go to Russia, but didn't feel like I'd be welcome based on stories from people I know who've gone.

Are you white? Unless you a different colour, I don't see why you would feel unwelcome. I get a good number of odd or interested stares here as a quite large Black person, but nothing I would worry about.

Fwiw, I'm quite experienced in Russia. I have been here many times for business and taken my wife and child here a few times. In terms of friendliness and openness, it is not America or UK and this is just something you have to understand. The country is pretty insular (especially in the smaller cities), but most people are decent, as it the case everywhere. I've never had any real problems. It is not the sort of place I would recommend taking a vacation or something like this, but you can make money and enjoy yourself here.

Anyway, the charm offensive is clearly on for the World Cup. Random people in the street are yelling "Welcome to Russia" every five minutes, asking for photos, wanting to discuss Ahmed Musa or John Obi Mikel with me in broken English, or asking questions about Nigeria/America :lol: There is no way the powers that be would let this go badly.

Only when it comes to footwear :lol:

:lol:

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/black-kid-gif-2.gif